Guest Darrell

John,

Your KVK1 w/o swords is an unmarked Deschler (1). I have a similar one (see previous posts).

Couldnt find that KVK1 w/o swords picture I had that was marked, but here is one with swords for comparison:

user posted image

Just came in thhe mail today, nothing overly special. First an orange ribbon KvM, now all I need is the KvK2 w/o swords in orange, comes with lots of ribbon which looks unused.

Edited by Laurence Strong

Next is a KvK2 w/o swords MM65, It has a little corrosion on the obverse. It came without ribbon but I have a piece extra so now it's complete. Thats it for today.

Edited by Laurence Strong

Guest Darrell

Laurence, I've heard that a little WD-40 or vaseline will help halt that zinkpest smile.gif

Guest Darrell

Zinc Pest is that off white color that starts to turn the zinc badges into old "musty while dusty concrete" type material. If unchecked, it can simply dissolve a medal to nothing given time. At least the features.

If you do a search at WA on Zinc Pest .. you will discover some threads, where many offer advice how to stem zinc pest progress.

Edited by Darrell

Thanks Darrell, first time Ii have run into thiis, do I just spray on the Wd40 then wipe iit off? By the way, are you home now, I could be in town tommorow and could be talked into bringing some baubles in for "show and tell" at timmies, or I could buy you lunch at the Black Knight.

Hi Gordon

There is a propaganda RK des KvK w/ Swords for $50 on the WAF E-stand

Hi Laurence,

Thanks for the tip. Had a look. Nice card but overpriced. I see them around from time to time in the UK for around ?15 (less than $30). I have a line on a few others at the moment, so something should come of that.

KVK2 without Swords to a Departmental Secretary in Erwitte. This is the "Civilian" version of the KVK2 without Swords document Quite an impressive doc for such a lowly award.

This is the military version of the document for the KVK2 without Swords, Hitler is referred to in the civilian version as just "Der F?hrer" but in the military version ( which is A5 as opposed to the civilian A4) also as "Obersten Befehlshaber der Wehrmacht"

This one to an office worker at the Army Munitions/Armaments Office.