Riley1965

Replica of Saddam Hussein's Medal Bar

12 posts in this topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After much soul searching I finally decided on a way to mount the medals as seen in the portrait of Saddam Hussein. I made sure that NO damage was done to the medals. I just put the display together. Above the Medal Bar is the Portrait of Saddam wearing the medal bar. Next to it is a bag containing pieces of the bunker under his main Palace in Baghdad. This was a long project as I could only afford one or two at a time. The Wisam al-Jadara, 1st Class (the first medal) took me two months to get. I hope that you enjoy the display as much as I did making it.

:beer: Doc

Chev. Michael Riley, GCBE, GCOBE, KCRCC & Etc.

Would love to see a closeup of the bar you made.... the frame with everything looks very good.

Well worth the effort I would imagine

Ramon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After much soul searching I finally decided on a way to mount the medals as seen in the portrait of Saddam Hussein. I made sure that NO damage was done to the medals. I just put the display together. Above the Medal Bar is the Portrait of Saddam wearing the medal bar. Next to it is a bag containing pieces of the bunker under his main Palace in Baghdad. This was a long project as I could only afford one or two at a time. The Wisam al-Jadara, 1st Class (the first medal) took me two months to get. I hope that you enjoy the display as much as I did making it.

Chev. Michael Riley, GCBE, GCOBE, KCRCC & Etc.

It may have taken a while to assemble but in my opinion it was well worth the effort Doc.

Cheers on a job well done. :beer:

Regards

Brian

Doc,

A very nice jobbiggrin.gif Now, what will your next project be?

Bob

VERY BEAUTIFUL!!

Lorenzo

Would love to see a closeup of the bar you made.... the frame with everything looks very good.

Well worth the effort I would imagine

Ramon

Hey Ramon,

Here's the Close-up.

Best,

:beer: Doc Riley

ID: 7   Posted (edited)

Doc,

A very nice jobbiggrin.gif Now, what will your next project be?

Bob

For my next project I'm labeling every medal in all of my displays. Some displays are done already. After That I hope to be able to Mount all five classes of the PRL era of Poland's Order of Virtuti Militari.

Edited by Riley1965

For my next project I'm labeling every medal in all of my displays. Some displays are done already. After That I hope to be able to Mount all five classes of the PRL era of Poland's Order of Virtuti Militari.

beer.gif Doc

Good Work Doc..

Can't wait to see more..

Lorenzo

ID: 9   Posted (edited)

2501157370103172408S600x600Q85.jpg

2209287350103172408S600x600Q85.jpg

2697008400103172408S600x600Q85.jpg

2508048560103172408S600x600Q85.jpg

2115848610103172408S600x600Q85.jpg

2614309970103172408S600x600Q85.jpg

THE IRAQIMILITARIA.COM COLLECTION

Edited by Iraqi Militaria

Beautiful display Doc, yours too Lorenzo! Scott.

Super cool displays guys! A lot of effort has been put into them. Thanks for sharing.