News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi everybody,

I have found this beauty in one of my old ribbon bar box. I have id all the ribbon but like I have no Rangliste from this aera, I can't do the job to make positive id of this ribbon bar. If someone can help me it would be great.

here is the ribbon :

Red Eagle order 4th or 3rd class

Life saving medal

Medal for 1866 fwar agiant Austria

Campaign medal for the Franco-Prussian War 1870-1871

Centenary medal

Do you think that a positive id is possible for this one. Indeed there is no 1870 iron cross 2nd class. Probably not an officer who fought during this war.

The combo is indeed interresting. I'm waiting for your comments

Christophe

I would not think so... weren't the Red Eagle Order and Lifesaving medals both awarded to quite a few? Not a common combination, but I would think that there would be dozens of possiblities. What do you all think?

Not a common combination, but I would think that there would be dozens of possiblities. What do you all think?

Have to agree, no chance for identification.

Precedence is wrong, life saving medal ranks out all other peace time awards.

I don't think this is an officer's bar due the alck of a blue long service ribbon. It's either an old NCO's with AEZ, who wore his long service brooch below the bar, or to someone who got the RAO4 as a civilian, after his military service.