News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

An original IR 92 officer's pickelhaube

It all started with a phone call… from Germany. It was one of my German friends with a really unexpected question: Are you still interested in a nice IR 92? Of course the answer was „YES!“ I had been looking for one of these for about a hundred years or so!

Arrangements were made and a couple of days later I had to drive a few hundred km to meet my friend… but who cares about driving half a day when a man’s dream comes out?

After a few strong coffees (to prevent shaking) it took me more than an hour to check everything out while my heart was pounding in my throat… but everything was what I expected to see on an original IR 92!

The helmet plate fits correctly to the leather body, no extra holes in the helmet body or eagle, the correct FUERST bandeau has the extra curled ends as it should, the center of the eagle doesn’t have FR under the skull. The skull with femures and Peninsula bandeau still has a lot of silverwash. It’s stamped (not cast) and is super detailed.

The Braunschweig kokarde has the correct dark cornflower blue colour with golden ring and the spike is removable to fit a hairbush.

As a little bonus, this pickelhaube isn’t just an „ordinary“ officer’s model, it belonged to Herzog Johann Albrecht, who was the regent of the Duchy of Braunschweig from 1907 till 1913. His golden monogram on the liner confirms this. The linerband is made of extra thin luxury leather and the visor and neckguard have a high luxury finish.

Oh man… what a rush it was to take this beauty home!

Together with this pickelhaube, there was something else, but I’ll post that item later… to keep things exciting of course.

Enjoy the pictures gentlemen!

Adler 1

yobr.jpg

vnp1.jpg

1p5r.jpg

pb3b.jpg

nhih.jpg

g19w.jpg

la6r.jpg

jlrb.jpg

0zr4.jpg

Edited by Adler 1

Adler

Reading each of your posts makes me more and more interested in pickelhaubes than I feel comfortable with. It's like I am being sucked into a compulsion that I will be unable to control - this latest missive about this beautiful helm may just be the straw that breaks the camel's back :( Please, no more!!

[in short: I love it!]

Edited by Trooper_D

Thank you very much for your great comments gentlemen!

Please, no more!!

Ohh, I'm sorry but still wanted to post just this one item... but I'll wait a short while then, just wanted to keep your spirits up :whistle: ... I think you will enjoy it also...

Here is a picture of duke Johann Albrecht wearing this haube... If someone has other or better pictures of the duke wearing this helmet, please feel free to post them here.

Adler

j05f.jpg

9tht.jpg

Edited by Adler 1

Thank you very much!

In the beginning of this thread, I told you guys about another item that came together with this helmet... I know, I know... it was to get you excited a little bit, but here's a teaser picture of "the other item"... I'll make a seperate thread of it soon...

Adler

lahl.jpg