News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kingdom of Albania (pre-1939) militaria?

Hello everyone!

As you can tell from my user name, I am extremely interested in anything related to King Zog I's Albanian monarchy, especially militaria and heraldry/flags. As you might know, there is very little information available about this topic. Here are some of the items I have been able to find after exhaustive online searches:

"A Very Rare Gold-Hilted Officer's Sword Commemorating The Marriage Of King Zog I Of Albania" , a Skanderbeg helm cap badge, a dress belt that was posted in this forum by user "Tea Rex" on the 16th of December 2011, and a mock up of King Zog's epaulette and cap badge as Marshal of the Royal Albanian Army by user "Sitmar-orke" on the uniforminsignia.org forum on the 5th of June 2014. This along with photographs, screenshots from videos, and short written descriptions from R. Spencer Kidd's "Military Uniforms in Europe 1900 - 2000" and and the great Knotel's "Uniforms of the World" of the general style of uniforms and the waffenfarbe of the different services. 

Does anyone have any more information or images of miltaria from Zog's Kingdom of Albania?

Regards,

Mohamed.

B-o6pUgWoAAqni3.jpg

post-11065-0-01039800-1324087572.jpg

4k2pupdc.jpg

Edited by Egyptian Zogist

Some of Artan Lame's GMIC posts [most available via searching 'Albania'] describe Zogist militaria, mainly awards.   His vol I Albanian Medals provides the most accessible English language study of decorations.   Filip Rrumbullaku's Dekorimet is useful for awards if you read Albanian.      

• 5 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

i would have suggested you look at this website- http://www.albmilitary.com  but unfortunately it became defunct  in the summer of 2013, which was a shame as it had a lot of information and photos.

You could try the Albanian armed forces museum , Forcat e armatosura muze, email - aqfa@aaf.mil.al , i have emailed

a few times but keep on getting a "failed delivery " message, perhaps you will have more success.

Dave.

• 4 weeks later...
    On Sunday, June 14, 2015 at 23:24, 922F said:

Some of Artan Lame's GMIC posts [most available via searching 'Albania'] describe Zogist militaria, mainly awards.   His vol I Albanian Medals provides the most accessible English language study of decorations.   Filip Rrumbullaku's Dekorimet is useful for awards if you read Albanian.      

I managed to find the Dekorimet book online and for a wonderful price so finally got my copy. Appears to be a wonderful source of information although challenging for non-Albanian speakers such as myself.

Rrumballaku's book is excellent, I managed to purchase it from a fellow member of this forum, who is quite fond of Zog related material. With Google translate (even with its quirkiness) one can get a reasonable idea of what it is saying.

If you are interested in Albanian material and you haven't got a copy get one.

Paul