News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My latest... a Lenin Orders Book and some ID's

Hi all,

Here are my latest acquisitions... hot off Ebay within the last hour.

The pics I'm posting are the sellers but hoping to do scans (yes, I "finally" have an Epson scanner! But have to get a few things before I have it up and running. But we tested it at the shop and it came through with flying colors!) by the time they all arrive.

First off is an Orders Book for a female recipient of the Order of Lenin dated April 1951, Order of Lenin number # 157473.:

[attachmentid=48137]

[attachmentid=48138]

[attachmentid=48139]

[attachmentid=48140]

Again sorry for the poor pics... not sure what anyone can tell from them (Hi Rick! :P:beer: ) but until I have them in hand they're the best I have.

Here's one he listed as a Soviet military ID book:

[attachmentid=48141]

A Young Communist photo ID book:

[attachmentid=48142]

And last but not least a Communist Party Member ID book:

[attachmentid=48143]

Again as soon as they arrive I'll plan to submit new and better pictures in the hopes of learning a bit more about these.

Many thanks! :cheers:

Dan

Edited by Hauptman

• Replies 68
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Well, whatever she was up for in April 1951, I don't think Nadezhda was getting a TEWNTY FIVE YEARS SERVICE Lenin-- she looks 75!!!

The last one might be interesting. A "mandate" isn't an ID as such-- it's something that will authorize some sort of voting privileges, probably. Delegate to something or other.

So... :unsure:

you BUY stuff from scans like those??????

:o:speechless1::speechless1:

:cheeky::rolleyes:

:Cat-Scratch: Well, whatever she was up for in April 1951, I don't think Nadezhda was getting a TEWNTY FIVE YEARS SERVICE Lenin-- she looks 75!!!

The last one might be interesting. A "mandate" isn't an ID as such-- it's something that will authorize some sort of voting privileges, probably. Delegate to something or other.

So... :unsure:

you BUY stuff from scans like those??????

:o

Hi Rick,

Hey, figured at a couple of bucks or less each I couldn't go far wrong. Had they been more than that it would have been another story. But hey... it's an adventure!

And now you've really got me wondering and I can't wait to get them in person and "scan" them... you know... S C A N them on my E P S O N printer. :cheeky::beer:

Anyhow... I figure if I can't get a PMO out until Monday morning it'll take two or three days to get to him in California and "assuming" he pops them right in the mail like I've basically asked him to do upon receipt of my PMO then hoping I'll have it early the following week at the latest... knock on wood. Can't wait! :jumping::jumping:

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

My latest addition... a hunting ID card from the Ministry of Agriculture of the USSR for someone named Parmen Ivanovich Akhobadze in the Soviet Republic of Georgia who was born in 1881. It's 30 pages... the inside pages have come out. Looked interesting so figured why not? :P Plus I love photo ID's as they are much more personal than those without.

These are the sellers pics... will do better ones when it arrives, assuming I've got the scanner up and running by then. Still working out the bugs on my new system.

[attachmentid=49070]

[attachmentid=49071]

[attachmentid=49072]

Edited by Hauptman

My latest acquisition. While not a document per se, I think it will be a good place to keep my awards research and documents.

It was described as a USSR Ministry of Defense (Oboron), this is "litchnoye Delo" or Personal File folder.

[attachmentid=49337]

I wouldn't get TOO excited-- it appears to be BLANK.

Hi Rick,

No, the excitement is over it being a great thing to keep award research in. :P So much better than just a plain manilla folder or something along those lines.

Anyhow, "Vic" and I like it. :jumping::jumping::love::love:

Dan :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Okay... my scanner is up and running! :P So I've been working on getting these booklets scanned. If anyone can tell me anything about these... the names of the individuals, any of their history or background, I'd be much obliged. :beer:

Here's the Lenin Orders book:

[attachmentid=50650]

[attachmentid=50652]

Edited by Hauptman