News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Please help finding recipient of medal bar

:love: Wow! That is a great group! :beer:

Herzog Carl Eduard medals with swords and date are extremely desirable and quite rare to find. It seems like your SEHO RK 1. Kl. is made of Gold. Can you also post a picture of the medal bar's reverse? The bar looks being put together from a very professional dealer, like Godet. Not to mention the very rare Eduard-Kriegskreuz! This decoration was given less than 100 times (97 to be precise) and only the recipients of the Iron Cross 1st class!

For all interested parties I am also enclosing the very informative link of Mr. David Danner's site about the decoration of the Duchy of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha:

http://home.att.net/~david.danner/militaria/saxecoburg.htm

I saw one bar like this for sale (with a Carl Eduard medal with swords and dates) on Ebay and one on a Hermann Historica auction. Very nice indeed!!! I am very envious... :P:blush::P

Ciao,

Claudio

Hi Willi,

Very nice medal bar and Carl Eduard cross. I have got one ribbon bar with same ribbon (except for the frontk?mpfer Ehrenkreuz).

Like I'm writing one paper for one military review about Saxe Coburg Gotha subjet, can I use with your permission your photos (I will send you a pm).

Have a look about my ribbon bar.

Regards

Christophe

Hi Willi,

Very nice medal bar and Carl Eduard cross. I have got one ribbon bar with same ribbon (except for the frontk?mpfer Ehrenkreuz).

Like I'm writing one paper for one military review about Saxe Coburg Gotha subjet, can I use with your permission your photos (I will send you a pm).

Have a look about my ribbon bar.

Regards

Christophe

Hi Christophe,

of course you have the permission to use the pictures, if you need pics with a higher resolution please let me know, I will email them to you.

I also own an award document for one of these medals, see enclosed picture. For the medals w swords and date different battlefield clasps were awarded, I have an award document for the clasp ROEUX, another clasp is YPERN. You can find a picture of a large medal bar with both clasps in S. Previteras book Prussian Blue abot the Blue Max. As far as I know the award document for the clasp ROEUX is the only one known.

Regards,

Willi