News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

[attachmentid=50037]As some of you may or may not know, I like to pick up WWI German patriotic items. I received this medal today and it is the first of it's kind I have seen or owned. Would like to see others if someone out there has one. Really like this one.. First off it looks like a lot of other Bismark related medals. Hope to see others, Mike

Guest Rick Research

Young Kaiser Billy there canned the old Chancellor early on for basically bossing him around, so this must date about 1889. :beer:

• 4 months later...

Hi Rick, yes they are from Germany.. By the lack of new posts of other similar medals--guess they are unique in a way..Happy to have them! Not a fancy enamel item--or cased piece but I have a lot of fun picking up items like this--glad not many others share my interests! Mike

Mike, I have an interesting medal commemorating the twenty-fifth anniversary of the Franco-Prussian War. Not necessarilly period made for the event in which you have started this thread, but a beauty in her own right. Patriotic none the less. Sorry to divert you off course a bit.

Regards,

Joel

Hey Mike your right-my mistake. That kinda makes more sense then as the first one I got has Bismarck on the medal and the Kaiser on the inside-the new one is just the reverse of the first. Maybe there were only two in the series then..Time will tell I guess. I'll correct my post Thanks! Mike

Edited by Mike Dunn