News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fallschirmjager cuff title...

Hello Gents,

I have the opportunity to purchase this Cuff title.

Now what are the signs of faking should i be looking for? and how much are these worth if genuine?

I will ask for a pic of the rear and the cuff title opened out to its full length

Comments Please...

Regards

Paul

Edited by notned

No One???

WOW! one would have thought that there is someone out there who has some knowledge of these cuff titles...

Please help! as i need to know for sure before i put in an offer...

Thanking you kindly gents!

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

I?m sure that there?s no need to tell you that you?re getting into a highly specialized area with these ?titles?. I?ve seen originals going for well over a $1000 and, of course, there are a myriad of fakes out there.

To even begin to give an opinion on the picture you?ve supplied would be, to say the least, difficult.

Considering the amount of money involved, I?m sure the seller would be able to supply much better pictures so that an opinion could be offered.

Sorry, not much help in the short term.

Hi John,

Yes i do agree, better pics are definately the go.

I have asked the seller to provide pics of the reverse side and the ends.

Do you know of any originals that i can use as a comparison archive?

Do the letters look like they are correct? as i have seen two varieties of this cuff Title, and of course the Fakes out there flame , well it would be nice if there was a Fake area where members could go to, to research and come to their own conclusion about the items in question

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Paul

I do not believe the cufftitle you have is genuine, sorry

Hi Gene,

Please tell me why you think that this is a fake? what strikes you as being obvious? Some info would be appreciated thanks

Cheers

Paul

Hi Gene,

Yes i can see that now...Hmm, wouldn't it be a hard job to exactly replicate the letters as these are usually hand embroidered?

The thread used?? what is wrong with it?

Hopefully some better pics will arrive soon and then we can check out the rear etc..

The Plot thickens....

Regards

Paul

Thanks Jaques,

Even on this one, you can see that the "a" and the "g" are different so it would indeed be hard to duplicate the letter exactly.

This is the second type cuff title i know of ( apart from the fakes!) The link provided by John, shows both types.

I am going to sit tight untill i get more pics on this item.

But i must say thankyou to the gents who have contributed smile.gif

Cheers,

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

The FJR1 cuff title in the image posted by Jacques was in my collection and has also been featured in a couple of books. It is a textbook NCO's cuff title. I would post detailed images but cannot get them under the size limit for new members without making them so small as to be pointless. In any case, the cuff title about which my fellow member was asking purports to be an officer's type but I regret to tell the gentleman that it doesn't resemble any original officer's quality FJR1 cuff title I have ever seen. The regiment did commission some cuff titles during their brief time in Holland after the Moerdijk and Waalhaven operations but this is not one of those. I would give it a miss if I were you and wait for a well-documented, textbook example to happen along. They do come on the market occasionally but you have to be very quick off the mark!

PK