News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet Officers buckle

Five bucks is a steal

Hi Nack,

Yeah, I thought so too, both then and now. One of those "Can't pass it up." kinda deals. :P Haven't seen too many since then but then again haven't really been looking. Although as I say I wish I had the belt and cross strap that goes with it. Perhaps one day. :jumping:

But it's a great heavy piece and looks great in a medals display. :D

Dan :cheers:

Hi Nack,

Yeah, I thought so too, both then and now. One of those "Can't pass it up." kinda deals. :P Haven't seen too many since then but then again haven't really been looking. Although as I say I wish I had the belt and cross strap that goes with it. Perhaps one day. :jumping:

But it's a great heavy piece and looks great in a medals display. :D

I haven't seen too many around either, at least at any reasonable price. I have a belt w/o cross-strap, in ok condition, that I shelled out somewhere around $60 because I wanted one. A nice belt with the strap would proably run $100-150! The stuff isn't cheap ;)

I haven't seen too many around either, at least at any reasonable price. I have a belt w/o cross-strap, in ok condition, that I shelled out somewhere around $60 because I wanted one. A nice belt with the strap would proably run $100-150! The stuff isn't cheap ;)

Hi Nack,

Wow, that much! :o Had no idea. ;) Needless to say I'm glad I jumped on this one when I had the chance all those years ago.

Thanks!!!! :beer:

Hi Nack,

Wow, that much! :o Had no idea. ;) Needless to say I'm glad I jumped on this one when I had the chance all those years ago.

Thanks!!!! :beer:

A good barometer of the wayyy upper end of soviet material prices is found at collectrussia.com. They list a buckle similar to yours for $80 :speechless1: Now, I think that the buckle has been there for years, and I don't see teh value being any more than $30, but, however you do the math, $5 is a helluva deal. congrats :beer:

-Nack

A good barometer of the wayyy upper end of soviet material prices is found at collectrussia.com. They list a buckle similar to yours for $80 :speechless1: Now, I think that the buckle has been there for years, and I don't see teh value being any more than $30, but, however you do the math, $5 is a helluva deal. congrats :beer:

-Nack

Well, personally, if I found one at say... $30 to $35 I'd jump on it. But any more than that... perhaps if I had a ton of hobby money at that point and it was burning a hole in my pocket. But then again, someone else who is going for buckles or needs one of these to complete a uniform or something... they might go considerably more.

I think one thing "certain" dealers make a mistake on is not being open to offers. And they end up being very high priced on certain items. I've no idea who buys this stuff... like on some TR dealer sites. :o Just blows me away!!!! And as you say, often the stuff just sits there forever.

But these are great pieces. Nice and heavy, well made and that star is very impressive. Just looks terrific in displays.

• 1 month later...

At the moment from the dealers in the flea market in Moscow (apart from the rip off merchants) the buckle and belt (but no cross strap) is going for about US$60-80. There seems to be a high demand for these among local collectors as well. Might be time to start stockpiling a few !

• 2 months later...