News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Afganistan....

• 4 weeks later...
    Guest John Sukey

For one, the taliban don't wear uniforms, 2. they run across the border to Pakistan if things get too hot. 3. they are well financed by saudi oil money, 4. there are lots of hiding places in the mountains. 5. they are fanatics who want to kill anyone....

(topic moderated please read forum rules)

• 3 weeks later...

I saw in the Newspaper today that the SBS were awarded 24 awards and commendations for its involvment in Afghanistan.
    They included a George Medal for rescuing a US crewman froma crash landed Hercules transport and two Conspicious Gallantry Crosses for rescuing a CIA operative from the Taliban.

Good order too! So glad to see these acts being rewarded, in a conflict which most of the British Public seem to have either forgotten about or are somehow ashamed of. These guys are out there risking their lives for Democracy and our free way of life. I'm sure they deserve every award, well done boys!!.....

• 10 months later...

The British medal for Afganistan, is a nice one. It`s very similar to the old GSM, and has your details on it.

Anyway saw this nonsense on ebay, and thought I`d share it with you...........

A FANTASTIC BRAND NEW NEVER WORN SIZE XL BLUE OPERATION TELIC AFGHANISTAN 04 TOUR T-SHIRT. THIS OPERATION WAS A FOLLOW ON MISSION FROM TELIC IRAQ AND SHARED THE SAME OPERATIONAL NAME. THIS SHIRT WAS TO BE WORN ON LIGHT DUTIES BUT THIS ONE WAS NEVER WORN. THE WRITING IS IN YELLOW AND IS ON THE BACK WITH THE RMP CREST ON THE FRONT.

Not only is Op Telic ONLY for Iraq, Afgan has had several different Op names, but the amry call them Op`s NOT Opp`s. I can only assume that this T Shirt is a bogus one and nothing to do with the RMP at all. Does anyone know different?

• 2 weeks later...

The British medal for Afganistan, is a nice one. It`s very similar to the old GSM, and has your details on it.

Anyway saw this nonsense on ebay, and thought I`d share it with you...........

A FANTASTIC BRAND NEW NEVER WORN SIZE XL BLUE OPERATION TELIC AFGHANISTAN 04 TOUR T-SHIRT. THIS OPERATION WAS A FOLLOW ON MISSION FROM TELIC IRAQ AND SHARED THE SAME OPERATIONAL NAME. THIS SHIRT WAS TO BE WORN ON LIGHT DUTIES BUT THIS ONE WAS NEVER WORN. THE WRITING IS IN YELLOW AND IS ON THE BACK WITH THE RMP CREST ON THE FRONT.

Not only is Op Telic ONLY for Iraq, Afgan has had several different Op names, but the amry call them Op`s NOT Opp`s. I can only assume that this T Shirt is a bogus one and nothing to do with the RMP at all. Does anyone know different?

I'll ask my mate about it when I see him for a pint on Friday. He was in Kabul with the RMP at that time. I think we can assume that it's a fake though. He has never mentioned anything like that before.

Cheers

Graeme

Guest paracollector

More reasons for the continuing war in Afganistan:

1. No infrastructure. Basic need if you want to build a Democratic country, and it will take time to build one.

2. Inmates realeased from Gitmo have a bad habit of going back to continue what they were doing before the US got them healthy, rested, and fattened up.

3. Muslims such as those in the Taliban, WILL NEVER STOP FIGHTING UNTIL THEY EITHER DIE OR KILL OR CONVERT ALL "INFIDELS". I shout this out because too many people still think that these people can be negotiated with. This war will continue until every last one of these fanatics is dead, that's the plain, simple, politically incorrect truth of the matter.

This will be a long, brutal war against an enemy that has nothing to lose, and even though they have taken a severe beating, can still bite back, as we have just seen with the wiping out of not 1, but 2 SEAL teams.

John

For a supposed finsihed campaign, why is it taking so long to get things sorted out over there?

Who said it was over? The only one I've heard say that is Nancy Pelosi and that hardly matters. It is not finished by a long stretch.

Best

Kurt

These things can't be finished according to a timetable. Sure , dates must be set for things like elections , etc. , but we cannot give the enemy a date through which to hold out for victory. That just cannot work.

Best

Kurt

In my opinion , they are beaten , yet we are not done. I don't think this is about finding everyone hiding in the mountains as much as it is about keeping them moving and , of course , finding Bin Laden. This would hardly affect terrorism , but would be a great symbolic victory.

I don't believe the USSR had the cooperation of the government , as we do. This new government is still fledgling and hence our need to stay for who knows how long. Once they are more established , the remnants of the old regime will become more and more insignificant.

I hope.

Best

Kurt

Just back from a couple of jars with my mate and he says that these t-shirts are complete bollocks. The only RMP Teams out there were a CP team with the UK Rep and a 7 man provost detachment. None of those teams had t-shirts like this printed up or for that matter any t-shirts whatsoever.

Bit drunk so enough for tonight.

Cheers

Graeme

• 3 weeks later...
    Guest dimdem

For a supposed finsihed campaign, why is it taking so long to get things sorted out over there?

Because of a massive diversion of resources to Iraq, possibly?

Yes I thought the t shirts were bolloxs!!!!

Quote,

sad.gif `For a supposed finsihed campaign, why is it taking so long to get things sorted out over there?` sad.gif

violent.gif Erm, yes well, not by a long chalk, keep watching the news!!!

I wonder will Iran, be next who knows? I also wonder how long its going to take to sort out Iraq?

Get a load of this kiddies t shirt, whats all that about. Talk about enflicting your opinions onto your kids!!!!!