News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi!

I am looking for pre 1866 awards lists which were published, like the Red-Eagle-Order I and II from 1810-1854 (which I hope to get for my birthday in 2 weeks) and the saxon. Are there any other like that covering the german countries for that periode (basically 1770-1866)?

Hope you can inform me!

Thanks

David

Well that's a bit what I expected. The prussian REO and the saxons being the onlyones of their kind. I hoped for some more though (including the not only for militairy awards, like the Hannoverian Guelphen or Ernst-August order and stuff like that.

But thanks a lot.

David, I don't think the lists exist. The best source is the ranklists. Pre-1870 RL are very difficult to find.

Hello,

several years ago a book was published called "Die Verleihungen des preu?ischen Roten Adler Ordens in der ersten und zweiten Klasse von 1810 bis 1854" (ISBN 3-932543-21-1) by Arnhard Graf Klenau, PHV Phalersischtischer Verlag Michael Autengruber.

I don?t know if its still available and the price.

Bernd

Hi Bernd!

That was the one I hoped to get for my birthday in 2 weeks!!

Hello,

several years ago a book was published called "Die Verleihungen des preu?ischen Roten Adler Ordens in der ersten und zweiten Klasse von 1810 bis 1854" (ISBN 3-932543-21-1) by Arnhard Graf Klenau, PHV Phalersischtischer Verlag Michael Autengruber.

I don?t know if its still available and the price.

Bernd

Hi David,

As you probably know, the award lists for the Prussian Pour le Merite and Black Eagle Orders are both available in reprint form. I am not sure what other order lists might be out there; but if there are any, hopefully some other members can let us know. Beyond that, you are going to have to go with what is available in whatever court and state handbooks and rank lists that might be available.

With regard to the Guelphic Order, you are talking some real numbers. According to Thies/Hapke there were (civil & military) 414 grand crosses, 748 1st & 2nd class commanders, 1.209 knights and 1,061 4th class awards. Where have they all gone?

At the other extreme, the Ernst August Order numbers are relatively low; mainly due to the fact that the order was founded on 12 December 1865 and the Kingdom of Hannover ceased to exist about a year later. Consequently, the majority of awards of this order were in exile. Again quoting Thies/Hapke there were 42 grand crosses, 140 1st & 2nd class commanders and 622 1st & 2nd class knight awards.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Hi Wild Card,

About the hannoverian and orders: would you have such a state handbook foor Hannover (Send you a PM 2)?

Thanks again!

David

Hi David,

As you probably know, the award lists for the Prussian Pour le Merite and Black Eagle Orders are both available in reprint form. I am not sure what other order lists might be out there; but if there are any, hopefully some other members can let us know. Beyond that, you are going to have to go with what is available in whatever court and state handbooks and rank lists that might be available.

With regard to the Guelphic Order, you are talking some real numbers. According to Thies/Hapke there were (civil & military) 414 grand crosses, 748 1st & 2nd class commanders, 1.209 knights and 1,061 4th class awards. Where have they all gone?

At the other extreme, the Ernst August Order numbers are relatively low; mainly due to the fact that the order was founded on 12 December 1865 and the Kingdom of Hannover ceased to exist about a year later. Consequently, the majority of awards of this order were in exile. Again quoting Thies/Hapke there were 42 grand crosses, 140 1st & 2nd class commanders and 622 1st & 2nd class knight awards.

Best wishes,

Wild Card