News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

German Dutch Medal of honour winner

found this picture of a frackspange online, ( can't remember where!) the last two decorations are Dutch.

The one with the crown is the militaire Willemsorde (military order of William) the highest Dutch decoration for valour. And the last one is the Ereteken voor Belangrijke Krijgsbedrijven with a clasp probably saying "N.Guinea 1907-1915". Who could this man be?

IPB Image

Herr General!

I saw this bar on the last two Hermann Historica's Auctions. The first time the bar wasn't sold and I am not so sure if in the next auction has been sold. From the description I think to remember that the bar came with some documents and very likely the name of the medal bar's recipient.

Ciao,

Claudio

Thank you Claudio for your reaction. Found him. It is sold!

Lot Nr.4764

Preu?ische Frackspange,

sechsteilig. Eisernes Kreuz 1914, 2.Klasse (OEK 1909). Frontk?mpferehrenkreuz. Rot-Kreuz-Medaille 3.Klasse, Zinkausf?hrung (OEK 1872). Holland, Milit?rischer Wilhelms-Orden, Ritterkreuz, Silber, vergoldet und emailliert. Kriegsteilnehmerkreuz mit Spange "ATJEH 1901 - 1905", versilbert.

Documentation on the Militaire Willems orde is really extensive. Looking him up would not be a difficulty at all. In my local library, I only have tha 1940< though (there are basically 2 volumes, one before and one after WWII)

Thank you Claudio for your reaction. Found him. It is sold!

Lot Nr.4764

Preu?ische Frackspange,

sechsteilig. Eisernes Kreuz 1914, 2.Klasse (OEK 1909). Frontk?mpferehrenkreuz. Rot-Kreuz-Medaille 3.Klasse, Zinkausf?hrung (OEK 1872). Holland, Milit?rischer Wilhelms-Orden, Ritterkreuz, Silber, vergoldet und emailliert. Kriegsteilnehmerkreuz mit Spange "ATJEH 1901 - 1905", versilbert.

Titel: De Militaire Willemsorde, 1815-1940 / samengest. in opdracht van het Ministerie van Algemeene Zaken bij gelegenheid van het 125-jarig jubileum van de Militaire Willemsorde door G.C.E. K?ffler

Auteur: G.C.E. K?ffler

Jaar: 1940

beschikbaarheidsgegevens instellingen

's-Gravenhage, Bibliotheek Koninklijke Landmacht Bibliotheek KL (BKL)

Amsterdam, Koninklijk Instituut voor de Tropen Informatie, Bibl. & Doc. (IBD)

Amsterdam, Rijksmuseum Amsterdam Bibliotheek

Amsterdam, Universiteit van Amsterdam Universiteitsbibliotheek, Afd. IBL

Arnhem, Bibliotheek Arnhem.

Arnhem, Koninklijk Tehuis voor Oud-Militairen en Museum Bronbeek Productgroep Museum MPC 43E

Breda, Koninklijke Militaire Academie Bibliotheek

Delft, Koninklijk Nederlands Leger- en Wapenmuseum Bibliotheek

Den Haag, Haagse Defensiebibliotheek Frederikkazerne, 35H/BG, MPC 58A

Den Haag, Koninklijk Huisarchief Bibliotheek

Den Haag, Koninklijke Bibliotheek Documentlevering

Den Haag, Nederlands Instituut voor Militaire Historie

Den Haag, Nederlands Instituut voor Militaire Historie Alexanderkazerne MPC 58 A Bibliotheek

Den Helder, Koninklijk Instituut voor de Marine Bibliotheek

Deventer, Stadsarchief en Athenaeumbibliotheek - (Deventer/Enschede) Afdeling IBL

Groningen, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen

Leiden, Koninklijk Instituut voor Taal-, Land- en Volkenkunde Bibliotheek

Leiden, Ministerie van Zaken Overzee(voorm.) p/a Rijksuniversiteit Leiden

Leiden, Universiteitsbibliotheek Leiden Uitleen - IBL

Rotterdam, Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam Universiteitsbibliotheek (Documentlevering)

Tilburg, Universiteit van Tilburg Universiteitsbibliotheek

Hello,

I asked last year at HH to give some additional info, as far as i do remember this MWO was awarded towards the soldier (he was a Uffz. at that point with the Dutch forces in indonesia) for :

Killing a important resistance leader in Atjeh.

Can't remember the name anymore. Nice bar for sure and a hard award to get :o

Cordial greetings,

• 4 years later...