News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

BEWARE of another deceiving order booklet

Vatjan

On ebay right now:

Does this look like someone who got a Sukhbaatar order in 1959. NO WAY :angry:

I do not believe for a minute that someone who got a SB in 1959 would have a picture in his order booklet where he is not wearing a tie or traditionnal Mongolian attire. :banger:

This perfectly valuable booklet has just been dowgraded by somebody who is actually hoping of making more money of it this way, sad sad sad

Edited by Vatjan

Only the picture is bad, right? (Apparently not even the slightest trace of the stamp on the pic! And the guy certainly doesn't look like a 1959 Mongolian guy should look :rolleyes: )

What about the rest of the booklet, probably ok, right?

Would that be too hard to remove the pic, btw?

Dolf

Only the picture is bad, right? (Apparently not even the slightest trace of the stamp on the pic! And the guy certainly doesn't look like a 1959 Mongolian guy should look :rolleyes: )

What about the rest of the booklet, probably ok, right?

Would that be too hard to remove the pic, btw?

Dolf

The rest of the booklet looks fine, but how to remove the pic :mad:

The problem is, I don't think stamps on pictures were as universal in Mongolia as they were in the Soviet Union, so their presence or absence is not as useful a diagnostic tool. This picture, however, stinks like six-week-old buuz! A lovely booklet spoiled, or at least harmed.

And how to remove the offending (and dumb) photo? Especially in a booklet that already seems to have pretty bad water damage.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

The rest of the booklet looks fine, but how to remove the pic :mad:

I was thinking of the same process used to remove stamps from envelopes, for example: steam (I believe is the english word). It kind of dissolves the glue.

Just not sure it would work here because,

1- if some modern glue was used that would probably be quite hard to dissolve it :(

2- the process could damage the rest of the ink from the stamp :(

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

The problem is, I don't think stamps on pictures were as universal in Mongolia as they were in the Soviet Union, so their presence or absence is not as useful a diagnostic tool.

Thanks.

Especially in a booklet that already seems to have pretty bad water damage.

Right :blush:

Dolf