News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Red Star-Duplicate

Good afternoon, gentlemen,

i allways wanted a soviet order reissue or duplicate and lately i was finally able to buy this one. ORS Nr. 1.781.725 with small stamped letters and cyrillic "D".

Its a late piece and everything looks right about it in my opinion, when compared to other duplicates.

Comments are welcome...

best,

Gerd

Edited by Gerd Becker

Good Morning Gerd,

:jumping::love: I LOVE it :love::jumping: That's the first one I've actually seen outside of the PMD and some pics from Paul McDaniel for my article. I would love to have one in my collection!!! You are one lucky Son-ofa-gun!!!!!!!!!!

All the Best,

:beer: Doc

From what it looks like on my monitor, it looks okay. I like duplicates that look like this (an original piece with the duplicate number stamped on it) rather than a piece with the number rubbed out and then replaced.

Dave

Thanks, Dave. But actually this appears to be a piece, which had a number. I am not 100 % on this, maybe its just a weird allocation of the patina, but there is an area under the serialnumber, which looks, like there could have been a serialnumber. But its damned well done and the digits, size of digits and the "D" look exactly like on other Red Stars, i have seen.

Gerd

Gerd, you've got a very nice duplicate. My congratulations :beer:

Actually, 90 percent of all duplicates made out of regularly numbered pieces. Original number was scratched off (removed, deleted - not sure which word is correct) and the number of duplicate was stamped instead. Before entering duplicate's number the surface was sand-blasted, so sometimes it is hard to see that original number was removed. On Gerd's Red Star you can see different collor of patina around the number. So this specimen is the one with rubbed out original hand-engraved number.

Thank you Andrei :beer: Good to have your opinion to this piece :cheers:

The differnt patina is the only "obvious" reason to believe, the piece had a number, which was removed. It is done, like you describe it, after the removal of the number the reverse was sandblasted and thats why you don?t see any buffs around the number and it looks like the rest of the reverse.

Thanks again!

best,

Gerd