News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My first Imperial dunkelblau peacetime tunic

Thanks Daniel. I was surprised about the wool quality too. How would you date it? Around 1900? They still used dunkelblau uniforms in WW1, but only at home and only for training if they had a lack of field grey uniforms. I once saw a picture from 1917 with a group of recruits in blue uniforms during basic training at home.

Btw. IR 81 is the unit I reenact!

Edited by JensF.

Jens,

Congratulations. Your tunic looks great. It's especially nice to have one from a unit that you are interested in. My collection is primarily Feldgrau, but I had to keep one Dunkelblau tunic as a type piece. You have got to admit that a decked out soldier in the old uniform with spiked helmet is about as good as it gets. Back in the day, nobody wanted Feldgrau and it was actually cheaper than the Dunkelblau uniforms, if you can imagine. Now you will need a Feldgrau tunic to go with this one. The Kaiser's Bunker has a very nice M07/10 from the 83rd which would be perfect. You think Tony would let you have it? :lol:

Good going!

Chip

Thanks Daniel. I was surprised about the wool quality too. How would you date it? Around 1900?

Jens,

It is hard to say, my generals is circa 1890s, so I would agree with you (give or take about 10 years). ;) I agree with you on the feldgrau prices, I took out a loan at the bank to buy my last one. But it was an Id'd "1909" dated 1907 tunic that was part of a grouping to a Hauptmann of the 164th Inf.. I had to buy everything separately, but there was no way I was not going to get the whole group.

Dan

• 3 years later...

Hello Jens Greetings!

Very nice prussian Tunic-very admirable!

I have a Question gentleman:My Grandfather served befor IWW as an "Musquteer"(and in that war)first in an Prussian Infantrie Regiment in then(West-Prussia) today Poland-maybe in the Garrison"Lauban"-Regmt."von Coubiere" maybe?I remember he had a blue prussian Uniform with"zitron yellow" Cuffs? Any Idea-for any friendly Help very thankfull-best regards

yours

Jurgen