News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"Ok .... look into zee camera .... ok .... that's good ..... please don't smile or we vill have to shoot you !!"

:unsure:

Making fun of "crazy Russians"? :D

Actually, by some reason all faces on Soviet-time ID pictures are very serious. Nobody is smiling. Strange, huh? I can post MY OWN Drivers License and Young Communist League Membership ID card and I am not smiling on those pictures as well (even though I was a teenager at that time). Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

Making fun of "crazy Russians"? :D

I can post MY OWN Drivers License and Young Communist League Membership ID card and I am not smiling on those pictures as well (even though I was a teenager at that time). Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

Please do Please do !!!! :jumping::jumping:

:cheeky:

The docs arived today :jumping: some are different than orginaly posted :banger:

Order of Victory

Yes, for a reason (laziness?), this seller is selling multiple similar items all using the same pictures. I understand it can be long to scan each individual documents, but at least, she could specify in the listing that the document will be similar to, but not the specific one shown in the listing.

I also bought the sport document and badge you posted in the first post of that thread... it was published with the exact same photo as the one you posted. Then, as soon as I bought it, I saw it listed again and again... all with the same picture.

The seller is honnest and everything seems legit (from what I have bought and received so far), the only problem is that people (including me) might expect to receive the item they saw in the listing, not a "similar one".

The docs arived today :jumping: some are different than orginaly posted :banger:

I'd be quite peeved if I were you... I have had this happen to me before with sellers on eBay. I once bid quite well to get a 1970s issue Order of the Red Banner. Several days later, I received a second chance offer from the seller for the same medal. I corresponded with them to make sure it was legit, and then I went ahead and bought it, as I figured the original deal fell through with the first buyer. When the medal arrived, instead of being a high 500000 series serial number, it was a 300000 series that fit perfectly into an early 1950s long service Ukaz awarding! I complained to the seller, but as far as they were concerned, the "lower serial numbered award" was worth MORE than the higher one! (even though I had bid nearly TWICE what a long-service Red Banner is worth!) I tried to explain to them that I only collected post-1956 awards, but they could not understand that at all. I finally was able to convince them to refund my money (minus postage and fees.) Ouch!

Dave

Edited by NavyFCO