News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kriegsmarine Trade Sleeve Patches

Hello there,

I recently acquired this WW2 Kriegsmarine trade sleeve patch for what I am pretty sure is for the mechanics and engineers. It is dark blue and gold, made of wool, with the correct backing and the white threads on the reverse do not glow under black light. It is very well made and a good original I believe. Any confirmation on that or the proper name for the ID of it are very welcome. Please post your various Kriegsmarine trade patches here, as they are an interesting sub-genre in the KM field.

Cheers,

Pat

Hi Pat

oops me bad

It's for a "Maschinenmaat", It not only indicates his trade it also indicates rank or career level which if I am not wrong would be a Feldwebel level. I must admit I have not seen one with that type of backing, you must remember the NVA naval forces used badges almost identical to the TR.

Here are a couple more:

Marineartilleriemannsmaat

Edited by Laurence Strong

Hi Pat

oops me bad

It's for a "Maschinenmaat", It not only indicates his trade it also indicates rank or career level which if I am not wrong would be a Feldwebel level. I must admit I have not seen one with that type of backing, you must remember the NVA naval forces used badges almost identical to the TR.

Here are a couple more:

Marineartilleriemannsmaat

Very nice patches Larry :love: Thanks for showing and keep them coming.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does NVA stand for? Was this the pre-Nazi era Navy or the post Nazi era navy? As I said before also, the white stitching on the back does not even come close to glowing under the blacklight and it appears to be quite old, but in good shape. If it is pre-TR then this would make sense, but if it was post-war it would have to be late-40's because I believe white thread glows starting around this time. Any further help on this is very welcome as it was sold as TR and I would like to know for sure.

Cheers and thanks again Larry for showing your examples, especially the clerical pair with the original envelope.

Pat

Hi Pat

Neu Volks Armee (NVA) the East German armed forces, check out the DDR section, for someone under the "guidance" of the Soviet's they mimiced the TR uniforms and insignia, except for the helmet it looked like a WW2 helmet that had been run over by a T34..maybe thats were they came from :P

Here's an Officers trade badge, I am hoping to pick up another hand full of officer one's

Technischer Beamte der gehobenen Dienstes (Technical Officer of Elevated career)

Edited by Laurence Strong

• 9 years later...
    • 1 year later...