RDK Reichsbund der Kinderreichen

Andy Thank You. It is funny you mention THE NAZI ORGANIZATION OF WOMEN as I am reading that one at the present time. After that, MOTHERS IN THE FATHERLAND by Claudia Koonz and finally, NAZI GERMANY: ITS WOMEN AND FAMILY LIFE by Clifford Kirkpatrick published in 1938. Much to read. Shelly Baranowski had recomended MOTHERS IN THE FATHERLAND as I was looking for a good overview of Frau Scholtz-Klink. Ms. Baranowski also mentioned her work STRENGTH THROUGH JOY is now available in paperback. I am promoting only a lower cost of said work as opposed to hardcover. Thanks Again for your help. Robert

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James and Don No maker mark to be found anywhere. It measures 3 mm.? across. About the same size as the party Day badges. James, did you happen to see Don's blue example. I had that one in hand and was very impressed. Massive is the word. I held my standard member's badge in one hand and the 3-D blue in the other and there is no comparison. Don, have you wheighed the blue one yet as opposed to the standard badge? Robert

PS And James I for one are glad you are here and able to post. I am sure others agree as well. :jumping:

• 4 months later...

There's no real reference that I know of Joe but I can tell you that the 3D's (& also the standard type) can be found with a red centre & a black centre as well as the blue shown here. It's rumoured that there should be a yellow as well but I've never seen one.

There is also a standard type with a gold wreath (like a Gold Party Badge), but it's unknown as to what it was for.

Cheers

Don

• 2 years later...

Hi Don,

As requested, here's a front & reverse of the badge I posted today - if you wish, you can strike to other thread in the interests of removing clutter, its ok by me. Any ideas on the marker's mark?

Cheers

I am glad to see this thread continue since I wasn't part of it in the past. I will bore everyone by showing my wee collection of RDK badges. I like the badges and am looking for a 3-D red one as I think that it will complete the set. I tend to feel that the background colors (colours) :D relate to Orts, Kreis, and Gau without any Reichs level badges. This is my assumption based on what I have seen but without a pure reference base. I have never seen a yellow (gold) background color on this badge nor have I ever seen another oakleaf badge other than mine with the red background. I am not an expert! I will start with the blue flat finish.

Possible new fake on the market

Picked this up on an auctiion site last week because in all my years of collecting I've never seen one of these marked to C.Poellath.

Now it has arrived I have my doubts that it is genuine. It's difficult to explain but the badge just does not "feel right" to the touch. The enamel is perfect, a liitle too perfect. On the reverse, the Poellath marked pin plate is a couple of millimetres larger than any of the Poellath marked plates I have on any of my other badges made by them..... It could be good but I doubt it.

So if we start to see a number of these cropping up in the future, remember you saw it here first folks........

Cheers

Don

Thanks Don. I tend to agree. A "new" item from a major manufacturer coming out at this late date makes one think "Why aren't there more out there?" hmmmm

Picked this up on an auctiion site last week because in all my years of collecting I've never seen one of these marked to C.Poellath.

Now it has arrived I have my doubts that it is genuine. It's difficult to explain but the badge just does not "feel right" to the touch. The enamel is perfect, a liitle too perfect. On the reverse, the Poellath marked pin plate is a couple of millimetres larger than any of the Poellath marked plates I have on any of my other badges made by them..... It could be good but I doubt it.

So if we start to see a number of these cropping up in the future, remember you saw it here first folks........

Cheers

Don

• 1 year later...