News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK1 1914

Hi fellas

I just received this EK1 1914 1st class this morning. I compare this with my EK1 39 and I notice that the 1914 is thinner and not as bulky as the 39 cross. Is this usually the case? I purchased this as an original and I believe it to be so but I am a novice collector so opinions would be warmly recieved.

Cheers :beer:

Rob

Your 1914 looks fine. (for the most part) pre WW2 EKs are smaller. aprox 42 cm

compared to the 44cm of the WW2 EKs. The have thinner curved arms. As with

anything you will find exceptions to the rule. But this holds true in most cases.

Welcome to the forum :beer:

Greg

Your 1914 looks fine. (for the most part) pre WW2 EKs are smaller. aprox 42 cm

compared to the 44cm of the WW2 EKs. The have thinner curved arms. As with

anything you will find exceptions to the rule. But this holds true in most cases.

Welcome to the forum :beer:

Greg

Thanks Greg my cross matches your analysis.

Rob :beer:

The WW2 crosses started out the same size as the WW1 crosses. Companies even used leftover frames in thier construction. Hitler changed the specifications for the crosses early on. You can even find 1914 style crosses in the WW2 size because they were then made to the new specs also.

• 5 months later...