News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Legion of Merit Commander

hunyadi

Interestingly this one is a 12c as well. From the collection that this one came from I have suspicions that the box, ribbon bar, and lapel pin may have been awarded to a Soviet official, but not 100% on that. The previous owner was a long time collector of personality groups shortly after the war. He died two years ago and the collection was sold off. I beleive that the owner probably kept the original LOMCC badge and gave the case to the collector who then later added the 12c badge. My other LOMC also came from the same collection.

Guest Darrell

Hi Darrel - does yours have the solid or the loose loop on the LOMC? Also what is the date on your brown boxes?

The LOMC box has no stickers on it. I believe I bought the case separate and placed the items in it.

The LOMCC box is labelled:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm hoping for a Commander but don't have one yet. Hope no one minds but here's my contribution. I also have the Legionaire and mini (cased) but need the Officer level award as well. Also need a case for my Chief Commander but so far no luck.

[attachmentid=61566]

[attachmentid=61567]

I have no history on this or my Legionaire nor do I know the makers, etc. Here's my original post which includes the other Legionaire and the mini which are on page two:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10730

Terrific pieces gentlemen. :beer: I've always felt these are among the most beautiful awards our country has to offer. :jumping::jumping:

Dan :cheers:

Very nice Sal -

From the photos it seems that the enamel on the obverse bulges out slightly - is that true? My Balfour is fairly flat on the enamel on both sides.

These are additional shots of the un-named Korean Era piece...yes, the enamel is thick and high on the white portion of the arms...not sure if that is intentional in the piece or just something in the manufacturing of this piece or run...

My Balfour is in post #17 and is as you described yours...sorry for confusing the issue.

T