News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Non-magnetic 1813 EK2? Yea right.

Gentlemen, '

I was surfing and found this item for sale and thought you would enjoy a laugh or two.

" This is an obvious early example that is not made of iron as most later were. These early examples were made of a mixture of metals that do not stick to magnets. However when the black wore off they would have a golden hue therefore this practice was quickly discontinued and production then became the standard as we know most of which are multi piece construction with iron in the middle."

Apparently two, two piece brass EKs were separated and the 1813 sides soldered together. Or perhaps a commemorative piece from 1913. Either way not even worth 10% of the asking price.

Dan

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Early-Original-18...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by Daniel Murphy

I notice a number of the shots show what appear to be 2 holes on one face, near the suspension. "Wear marks", I suppose, as opposed to poor casting ? :P

Don't know why you'd be suspicious, Dan. I know absolutely nothing about EK's but I'd buy this one: it's "rare". After all, if this were exactly what you were looking for, it would be d**n hard to find, wouldn't it? :cheeky:

Peter

Gentleman - I didnt think it was medicaly possible - but my butt just fell off from laughing. Of course the seller may have similar symptoms as he takes his money to the bank. My goodness... Anyone dared to contact the expert?