News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unique document from the Finance President...

I received this document. The document is rather large... 8 1/4 x about 12 1/2 inches.

What was it awarded for??

It was an Ebay win for 9 Euro!

Who's signature is this?

Thanks for looking!

IPB Image

Hi Paul,

I'm thinking it's a promotion document raising this Beamter from Steueranwarter to Steuerdiatar... not sure what the rank levels are. A Beamter as you probably know is an "official"... in this case like a civil servant. I believe the first rank is "Tax Candidate"... the second is "Tax ?"... can't figure out the second part of the word.

Steuer has two meanings I can find depending upon whether it's used in the masculine or feminine... in the masculine it's for steering... as it's used in some German naval rates... Obersteuermann and such. Like a coxswain, etc. But in the feminine it means "tax".

Anyhow someone far more knowledgeable will probably jump in and shoot this down but that's the best I can do. Sadly I have a book which gives rank tables for quite a number of TR organizations... but although Customs is shown in one photo and they do have a few paragraphs covering it in brief there was no table of ranks to go with it. Not sure if this is for customs (Zollgrenschutz) as I don't see that mentioned in the document... although that script is murder on the eyes. A few words pop out here and there and the rest I have to strain to figure out.

Here's hoping someone a bit more fluent in German takes a look and either confirms or refutes this. In any event I hope it helps. :beer:

But it is a very neat looking piece and would look fantastic mounted and framed, etc... perhaps with the appropriate insignia if they can be found.

Dan :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

Steuer is either tax or revenue.

A Di?tar was an initial candidate for any civil service job. This guy had "advanced" to the bottom rung from a probationary Anw?rter (candidate). Probably 1 year out of college or into this career that length of time. For me, only whatever level he was actually "commissioned" at would determine what the next level-- "full officialdom" would be for a middle or higher civil service career.

Signed by Oberfinanzpr?sident for the Berlin region "Kirchner," but I find no information on that worthy.

Hi Paul,

Glad to help. Thanks to Rick (was hoping you'd come to the rescue on this one. :P Mucho thanks Rick! :beer: ) it looks like a confirmation of what I'd said with additional info.

So Rick, does this indeed strike you as being for Customs or would it be more for their version of the IRS? :P

In any even a very nice piece which will look terrific on display.

Dan :cheers:

So Rick, does this indeed strike you as being for Customs or would it be more for their version of the IRS?

d

It's for a tax official. If it had been for Customs, he would have been a Zollanw?rter (though it would still have been signed off by the Finanzamt).

James

Edited by James Clark