News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Good sights in Mongolia

Bob

Have started reading a bit and looking at maps in light of my intended travels to and in Mongolia Q2 next year. For those that have already travelled there, what are the good sites for people interested in military history and in particular Mongolian / Soviet awards?

Has anybody been in Choibalsan city incl. the Khalkhin Gol War Museum? How about actually travelling to Khalkhin Gol itself (where supposedly the monuments and relics are all over the place)?

Are there any good markets for buying medals?

Still in very preliminary phase of planning. Hope to arrange a visit to the state mint (seeing how orders / medals are being made!), among other places.

1- Lonely Planet guide.

2- Lonely Planet guide.

3- Hard to get out east to Khalkin Gol and Choibalsan. Logistics difficult. Rent a four-wheel with driver and GPS and prepare for a long trip. Said to be very neat, though.

4- Prepare for good sights (from Google Earth):

Hallo Gents :beer:

:beer: If the Irish are running the bar then its bound to be ok :beer:

Of course it has been said that the God Lord invented Alcohol to stop the Irish ruling the World :P

So Slainte and a great big "Cead Mile Failte" to the gents who frequent the Green Drinking Machines :P

Kevin in Deva (totaly tee total thats me :( ) :beer: