News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Czech-Slovak Military Band Uniform?

I have no idea on this one - but the price was cheap, so I took a leap. Was informed by the dealer that it was a Czech-Slovak military band uniform. But as I have no reference for it, its hard to say. Anyone have any photos of the Warsaw Pact uniforms to share and to help with identifying it. I was under the impression that Czech-Slovak military uniforms were brown in nature - perhaps the blue is just for band??? I dont know - any help apreciated.

I looked over and over - nothing - the liner is dark colored. The only marks are on the pants - 27 and 85, there was more it seemed but it is obliterated. I believe they are size, not date markings. On the left upper chast is a badge for some Warsaw Pact meeting in 1982. The badge is sewn to the tunic. So its probably a late 1970's

• 3 weeks later...

Hunyadi,

I would say it is for the Bulgarian air force. They wore blue uniforms. The music device on the shoulder is correct for Bulgaria as well. The boards are Bulgarian and for the late Warsaw Pact period. Earlier Bulgarian boards were round on the ends but I do not know when they changes the shape of the boards. Also, the boards are a bit confusing. They are the style and colour for a Junior Leutenant but that rank should have one star on the boards.

Czech boards are completely different than the boards on this uniform.

Warsaw Pact manouver badges were normally only allowed to be worn while the actual event was taking place so this badge could be correct on this uniform if it was meant to depict that particular small time period. Some of these badges were issued to all WP troops involved in the manouvers and some only issued by specific countries for their own troops. If you could send me a better picture of the badge I could tell you more about it.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

As a follow on to my last post here are some photos re Hunyadi's uniform. First up is a picture of a Bulgarian air force uniform. Next is a shot of Bulgarian shoulderboards followed by a picture of Czech shoulderboards. All from the communist era of these states.

Regards,

Gordon