News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

That "Other" Soviet forum

Dear Piramida,

many thanks for your valueable and excellent informations :beer:

Is there a place in the www, where we could see the new YU/Serbian Orders & Medals?

The Austrian author Peter Handke received from Milosevic the "Order of the White Eagle" - or something similar sounding - as far as I know. So I thought, that the Serbian Government went back to some monarchy models.

Zdravo!

Christian

Dear Christian

The awards and decorations here in Serbia still have not been reformed although there is a serious proposal for an new law that regulates that subject.

During Milosevic's time orders and medals were pretty much the same as in Tito's time with a few exeptions and minor motif changes.

Concerning the Order of Freedom itself, I know I found an article on the web that confirmed this, although its this subject was infact discussed at length on the other forum.

As for the recipients you are correct that one was Colonel-General Nebojsa Pavkovic, the other was General of the Army Dragoljub Ojdanic. Now offcourse both are on trial for warcrimes...

All the best

Ivan

P.S. The order that Brezhnev should have gotten, and he did in 1962, is the order of the "Yugoslav Grand Star" not flag. He got the Freedom as a present from Tito in 1976 as a present for his 70th birthday.

• Replies 51
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a place in the www, where we could see the new YU/Serbian Orders & Medals?

I don't know about the web, but the new book "World Orders of Knighthood and Merit" shows all of the modern Serbian orders. Many of them are carry-overs from communist Yugoslavia, including the Order of the Flag, but with a different coat of arms.