News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This just arrived with my winter coat and mittens.

1 Prussian Red Cross

2 ?

3 Saxe-Coburg-Gotha Home Service

4 Bulgarian MVO?

5 Saxe-Coburg-Gotha Carl Eduard Medal

6 Saxony DA

Interestingly, the DA ribbon appears cornflower blue, but shows up the correct green in the scan.

Guest Rick Research

Not a chance from RIBBONS, I am afraid, since there is no way to tell what CLASSES any of those nifty ribbons were. The Carl Eduard was given in peacetime as well as during the war.

This could EITHER be an EXTREMELY well decorated serving NCO, or a dR/dL/ dR aD/dL aD type officer's boutonniere. The Ernestine could be two medals, a cross, or any variation of two Knights crosses-- all normal pre-war peacetime, normal "peacetime" during the war, or the War Effort versions with wartime year dates on the arms/date bars.

Just too many variables without the Actual Dinguses! :(

I'd say there is also a very high chance from the placement that the Bulgarian "war ribbon" is a Bavarian WW1 Red Cross "home service" type medal (the precise name of which escapes me since it was an "organizational" and not State award) which also used that ribbon--

see what I mean about variables?

DEFINITELY a Coburger, and me with the wartime rolls!!!! :speechless:

Not a chance from RIBBONS, I am afraid, since there is no way to tell what CLASSES any of those nifty ribbons were. The Carl Eduard was given in peacetime as well as during the war.

This could EITHER be an EXTREMELY well decorated serving NCO, or a dR/dL/ dR aD/dL aD type officer's boutonniere. The Ernestine could be two medals, a cross, or any variation of two Knights crosses-- all normal pre-war peacetime, normal "peacetime" during the war, or the War Effort versions with wartime year dates on the arms/date bars.

Just too many variables without the Actual Dinguses! :(

I'd say there is also a very high chance from the placement that the Bulgarian "war ribbon" is a Bavarian WW1 Red Cross "home service" type medal (the precise name of which escapes me since it was an "organizational" and not State award) which also used that ribbon--

see what I mean about variables?

DEFINITELY a Coburger, and me with the wartime rolls!!!! :speechless:

Oh, well, it's still purty :D Thanks, Rick. The RC home service makes more sense.

The photo's taken on November 17th, 1918. (this is circa war end, isn't it?)

- Preu?en, Verdienstkreuz f?r Kriegshilfe;

- Preu?en, Kronenorden IV. Klasse;

- Sachsen-Weimar, Verdienstorden vom wei?en Falken, Ritterkreuz II. Abteilung;

- Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha, Ovale Silberne Herzog Carl Eduard-Medaille;

- S?chsische Herzogt?mer, S?chsisch-ernestinischer Hausorden, Ritterkreuz I. oder II. Kl.

Pardon it's only in German, but it would take me much time to translate some of the names, and then some might even not unterstand what I actually meant. ;)