News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Urgent Help Please on EK2 MM '16'

Hello

I have recently received this EK2 maker marked '16' for Alios Rettenmaier. The cross has a magnetic core and is of three piece construction.

However, I'm not convinced that this is a genuine '16' EK2. I feel that the ring stamp may have been added at a later date. All the '16' marked EK2's that I can find anywhere have a stamp and not an incuse mark. In turn that leads me then to doubt the authenticity of the whole piece - although I can't find any fakes that seem to match this one.

Can anyone help with this, as if it isn't a real '16', (regardless of whether the EK itself is a genuine piece), I will return it to the dealer I bought it from, but I need to know very quickly so I can return it within the inspection period.

Many thanks in advance.

Hello

It now appears that this is a '76' EK2. I've found a couple of photos of '76' EKs and this one appears to match them, but if anyone here has any decent shots of a '76' I can compare it to could you please post them.

Since I don't. or rather didn't, have a '76' in my collection then this is ok. Another maker of the list.

Hello

Thanks Dave. :beer: I have checked this one out against some '76' and it is a perfect match. The dealer sold it as a '16', and even under a loop it looked like it was '16', but with the top of the '1' and the '6' missing due to where it had been stamped. It was only after I photographed it and posted it myself and others saw it was a '76'.

Still, as I said, another one of the list of EK manufacturers that I need to get.

Oh, I know a lot of collectors will scream in horror at this, but having made certain it is a genuine '76' I have given it a very gentle, mild clean. And boy am I glad I did. The attached photos are of the same cross from the top of this thread. Far from having any detrimental effect it has brought out the true condition of the cross. :jumping:

Edited by DavidM

Hello

Thanks Dave. :beer: I have checked this one out against some '76' and it is a perfect match. The dealer sold it as a '16', and even under a loop it looked like it was '16', but with the top of the '1' and the '6' missing due to where it had been stamped. It was only after I photographed it and posted it myself and others saw it was a '76'.

Still, as I said, another one of the list of EK manufacturers that I need to get.

Forgot to say,nice cross!!! :love:...love that dark patina!