News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fairbairn Sykes

I found this fighting knife in my storage boxes... I had forgotten all about it.

Is this WW2 period? What montary value does it have, if any at all?

On the hilt facing the handle is stamped:

SHEFFIELD

ENGLAND

• 1 year later...

I've sold all of mine except the one that belonged to my father. I did keep a book titled "Fighting Knives" by Frederick J Stephens with some good examples of F-S knives. It is hard to tell from your photos but there are examples in the book that look a lot like yours. There were many manufacturers of these knives and once they satisfied the government contracts they sold them on the commercial market. Most have wooden handles that were sold commercially but I would not be surprised to find out that some metal handled specimens found their way to the shops.

A nice knife and well worth some more research. Anyone have an idea of the value for Paul? I know I would gladly buy back the ones I've sold for double what I got for them 20 years ago. I'm not suggesting.... :lol:

Cheers :cheers:

Brian