News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What do you think....

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...45924%26fvi%3D1

A 1866 K?niggr?tz and a 1866 Treuen Kriegern at the same bar? And the "treuen Kriegern" on the ribbon of the 1866 non combatant cross? No long service? Could that be a typical "home improvement" for maximum profit?

Micha

I am not an expert on these, but the ribbon wear looks consistant to me. I like it. Again, I am still learning these pre 1900 bars.

I can't understand why people post links to auctions when only the pics need discussed. (sorry Micha) This tends to highlight the auction to more people and drives up the final price. Sorry but this is a pet peeve of mine. The only links I post are to sellers of fakes so everyone knows who he is.

Now I will get off my soap box.

The answer is simple-I don't qwn the bar and I don't have the rights of the pics! All the pics I've posted here or in other places are pics from my own collection or I've had the permission of the original owner! That's all-but be shure,next time I will wait untill someone have spend his money!

I think the pics can be used under the "fair use" clause of the copyright law. They are already posted in the public domain and you are discussing the merits of the item (i.e. education) and not making money from it.

Worst case is that the owner would ask the site to remove them.

If you look at it from the other perspective, had it been deemed good then more people that view this site would have been/be more likely to bid on it, driving the price up.

Just looking at this from all angles.

That sounds good but isn't right! Here in Germany pictures are generaly protectet.That means if I take a picture and I put it somewhere into a forum ect. I'm the owner of it.You can't use it without my permission,so simple is it.In the most cases nothing happens because the owner of the rights doesn't care about it-or he doesn't know.

But what happens if the owner feels treated unfair?May be he think he will have a loss because of an unwanted discussion? You can easily speak about fair use because nothing can happen to you because you live on the other side of the planet-here are the things a little different! I can see the problem of pushing up the prices,so the next time I will ask you to post the pics for me-I better spend my money for medals than for lawyers!

Micha