News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

POLICE BANDSPANGEN

To All,

I picked up this ribbon bar, not knowing much about ribbon bars in general. So I ask you, are the ribbons 'plausible'? I asked on the other forum, and got little helpful replies. I hope I can do better here.

Much Thanks,

Mark

Guest Rick Research

That is a classic late 1942 bar, when the recently first awarded "East Medal" was assigned its initial peculiar precedenece ahead of most imperial wartime decorations. That was HIGHLY unpopular (justifiably so) with most of that generation, and soon found itself bumped back just ahead of the Hindenburg Cross.

This wearer was a junior NCO from Waldeck (silver medal X) in the First war, receiving either an IX or XII years service medal for his regular army (or navy) service, then straight into the police.

The KVK2X and East Medal suggest possibly sinister :speechless1: occupation duties, since many police units were auxiliaries of the Einsatzgruppen scouring the rear of the newly conquered territories.

Everything right and nothing wrong that I can see with this bar. The recipient was probably a Polizei-Meister by then.

Rick and Stogie,

Howdee and thanks for the comments. What book is a good primer for me to purchase, to get me up and running on ribbons. It's fascinating just how much info can be drawn from a ribbon bar. A bit like a sample of DNA.

Regards,

Mark

Thanks Paul, and again, to some of the 'Top Brass', for the positive replys!

As I mentioned earlier, I don't do Ribbons, so this was just a wild stab. It's rare, these days, that good deals turn up.

Mark

Edited by mmiller