News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Nice little group

This is my first group. Even though it is undocumented I believe it is an original group. The wear is just perfect, looks like it never even had its ribbons changed once. The suspension has worn through much of the ribbon. It is no longer possible to open the pin.

Braverymedal # 2800095

/Erik

Guest Rick Research

That Valor Medal is probably FOR Vienna.

I've got a couple of original mounted groups like yours that came with no paperwork, and every time I look at them, they too cry

"RESEARCH!!!!!!"

Just think of the dcades and decades that your medal bar was worn with pride. There's a life story there! :beer:

Just think of the dcades and decades that your medal bar was worn with pride. There's a life story there!

That's why I like them old and worn. :)

But I don't know if I will research it yet. Maybe in the future.

If You have bars like this not posted yet please do post them. It would be interesting to se them.

Thanks

Erik

Guest Rick Research

I will "blame" this one all on you Erik!!! :beer:

After years of indecisiveness, I have finally gambled and asked for research on THIS Red Banner:

The bar certainly LOOKS all original, but the ORB (176,859) falls smack in the middle of the 3 November 1944 initial mass Ukaz for long service, BUT then the MMM seems to be a June 1946 long service Ukaz-maybe too. (Oddly enough, I have two MMMs 142 numbers apart from that batch of bestowals) sooo....

is the ORB a "real" one for action

see Maguta pair for a "real" one and a long service one in this same range--

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2038...st=0#entry16528

or.... Back In The Good Old Days did some naughty type Russian person swap off two awards here for "junk" long serfvices when nothing was worth Real Money?

I'lllllllll fiiiiiiiiiind ooooooooooout. :rolleyes:

Hello Rick, could you give me the number range of the November 3rd 1944 Red banners mass Ukaz for long service? I would also like to know the number range for the Red Stars mass Ukaz for long service in 1956. Thanks in advance. ;)

Very nice bar. The caucasus medal really makes it look good, (I have a thing for campaign medals). :cheeky: If it weren't for the vienna medal I don't think I would have bought mine haha.

Hope You will get some good research results on it.

/Erik

• 5 months later...

Yes it's true, I would love to have a serial number on that medal bar, so I could see what's the story behind this group is!

By the way Eric, do you plan to research your little group with the Vienna medal?

If you ever get tired of your nice little group, please keep me in mind! :rolleyes:

Yes it's true, I would love to have a serial number on that medal bar, so I could see what's the story behind this group is!

By the way Eric, do you plan to research your little group with the Vienna medal?

If you ever get tired of your nice little group, please keep me in mind! :rolleyes:

I got a few interesting medals that I'm planning to research some day and I think this one will have to stand in line and wait for its turn (it may take some time).

I'll keep You in mind but I rarely get tired of any of my medals. :P

/Erik