News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some ancient artifacts

My first ancient Greek coin.

Bruttium bronze Half-unit circa 214-111, Æ 4.00 g. Diademed head of Nike l. Rev. Zeus striding r., holding thunderbolt and holding sceptre. Scheu 28. Historia Numorum Italy 1982. Condition: Nice VF

Dan :cheers:

• Replies 52
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "hole" you see on the front does not go all the way through. I suspect it was made back in the day to confirm it was silver and not just plated or a fake. But keep in mind, I'm still very much in the learning stage on these. I've "dabbled" with ancients since the mid 70's but only have two Roman references and one covering Greek coins. Thankfully there seems to be a lot of info on the web.

Some collectors may have turned away from this one, but I've always had a soft spot for underdogs... and I think it adds character if it was done for the reasons I suspect.

Dan :cheers: