News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK II 100 % Zinc

I can't really say. There are alot of diffrent variants of these crosses out there. I have one with a zinc core and another that is said to be a 4 piece stamped construction, and I only have a small collection and never even tried to find those. Anything is possible. I'm sure some of the real knowlegable members will be able to help.

Are you sure that its zinc? To me it looks like one of the lead / alloy copies made from the 1970's to present day. Lots of pits to the core area where the casting cooled improperly. I would have expected a zinc one piece to have been die struck - not cast?

Hi Fkr -

Here is what I mean by the casting bubbles. I only point this out as I see alot of the one piece cast copies having this trait and lead alloy will also look like zinc. That being said there were hundreds of variations and methods of making EK's during and between the wars. Have a look at this thread to see what other EK's were made and the quality of them compared to this example http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=14086

Edited by hunyadi

There is an easy way to find out if this one is a "lead" one-scatch it over a white sheet of paper.If you can see a grey line it's one of these casted fakes.I tried that with '39 zinc pieces....no grey lines!

Micha

Thanks for your answer Micha !

I've tried with white paper and no grey lines !

Regards,

Fkr

Thanks Micha for your help

Fkr

Est-ce tu es un collectioneur fran?ais, mon p?te? Dis-moi, ou est-ce que tu habites et comment est-ce que tu t'appelles? Envoies-moi un message. Car, franchement, je n'en suis pas s?r.

Bye bye Franz...

PK

Just inviting him to PM me, telling me who he is and where he lives because the French collecting scene is quite small. I put it in French to see if, in fact, he actually knows the language. It is nice to reply occasionally to non-English speakers in their own language as a courtesy even if this is an anglophone forum. It sometimes makes people feel more welcome, especially new members like Frontkampfer. Of course, he could be American...

PK

Just inviting him to PM me, telling me who he is and where he lives because the French collecting scene is quite small. I put it in French to see if, in fact, he actually knows the language. It is nice to reply occasionally to non-English speakers in their own language as a courtesy even if this is an anglophone forum. It sometimes makes people feel more welcome, especially new members like Frontkampfer. Of course, he could be American...

PK

Bonjour et merci de tant de sollicitude ? mon ?gard.

Il est vrai que pauvre utilisateur de la langue de Moli?re, je suis parfois quelque peu g?n? pour bien communiquer avec nos amis collectionneurs anglophones (mon dico est pr?s de moi) ! Mais les Fran?ais doivent faire encore quelques progr?s dans ce domaine n' est ce pas ? Alors j' essaye ! Qui ose vaincra !

Fkr

PS : je m' int?resse ? la 1?re GM

But there is no problem at all with your English! It is very, very good. I mistook you for someone I know in Paris, that is all, a friend who is half-French, half-American. You are not the same person. Welcome to the forum.

PK

But there is no problem at all with your English! It is very, very good. I mistook you for someone I know in Paris, that is all, a friend who is half-French, half-American. You are not the same person. Welcome to the forum.

PK

Merci beaucoup !

Thanks for your friendly mail,

All the best,

Fkr