News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Oberleutnant dR Heinrich Wiest of Landwehr Sanit?ts Kompagnie 30 received the Baden Z?hringen Lion-Knight 2nd Class with Swords (BZ3bX) on 3 September 1915.

Chris's source extracts unit history mentions, basically, of Super Heroes being named for some extraordinary action... NOT run of the mill stuff.

Thank you, Rick! Now to begin the search to find out if he's a relative of mine or not.

• 4 months later...

Yesterday I bought an invaluable research source, and very rare.

It is a copy of the index for the 36 volumes of the Reichsarchive history of WW1.

In it are 16 000 names of mainly officers, but also other ranks who are mentioned in the books. Also the volume and page number.

I am renovating at the moment and honestly dont have time to do any research, but if you have a name and want me to see if there is a mention in the Reichsarchive... post the name here on the thread and I will tell you volume and page number (No blocking up my PMs!!!). the actual looking up you will have to do yourself as I am under wet wallpaper and crap.

Please limit it to 10 names at a time (Some folks may have a single name, but if someone else had posted this, I would have had about 500 names for them, so lets keep it to 10 a batch for those who have a bunch).

All the best

Chris

Chis,

is there a Leutnant Reithinger listed? His unit must be the IR163.

I will be very appreciate for any information (or picture) about him!

(I just asked for a friend) Thanks so much! :cheers:

Jens

p.s.: he is also listed in the Ehren-Rangliste 14-18 as: Leutnant Reithinger beim

Schleswig-Holsteinisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr.163, zuletzt als Hauptmann a. D. im Reichs-Heer.

Edited by KIR

Yesterday I bought an invaluable research source, and very rare.

It is a copy of the index for the 36 volumes of the Reichsarchive history of WW1.

In it are 16 000 names of mainly officers, but also other ranks who are mentioned in the books. Also the volume and page number.

I am renovating at the moment and honestly dont have time to do any research, but if you have a name and want me to see if there is a mention in the Reichsarchive... post the name here on the thread and I will tell you volume and page number (No blocking up my PMs!!!). the actual looking up you will have to do yourself as I am under wet wallpaper and crap.

Please limit it to 10 names at a time (Some folks may have a single name, but if someone else had posted this, I would have had about 500 names for them, so lets keep it to 10 a batch for those who have a bunch).

All the best

Chris

Hello Chris;

Do you have a -

Vice-Steuermann Paul Kutzner?

Served in the navy...U-boot service...was stranded in North Africa...POWed...returned to Germany in October 1920.

Thank you in advance,

Chis,

is there a Leutnant Reithinger listed? His unit must be the IR163.

I will be very appreciate for any information (or picture) about him!

(I just asked for a friend) Thanks so much! :cheers:

Jens

p.s.: he is also listed in the Ehren-Rangliste 14-18 as: Leutnant Reithinger beim

Schleswig-Holsteinisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr.163, zuletzt als Hauptmann a. D. im Reichs-Heer.

Hi,

volume 29, page 40. mentions his wounding and I suppose subsequent capture near Arras in 1918.

Best

Chris