News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Berlin, May 1945 picture

Dear "Wild Card",

for what did our comrade get his O.B.E. :unsure: (+ his Lenin & 4 RBs) ?

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Hi Christian,

With regard to Major General Rassokhin?s awards, I can only offer the following.

The document pertaining to The Order of The British Empire 19 January 1944 appointing him, as Ed Haynes correctly points out above, ?...to be an Honorary Commander of the Military Division of Our said Most Excellent Order of the British Empire?, and so on. It is signed by ?Mary R? as Grand Master with the signature of ?George R.I.? at the top. It appears to be something of a generic document because it does not go into any details of whys and wherefores. I would really like to post a copy of it, you know - ?a picture is worth a thousand words? and it would save me a lot of typing; but the darned thing measures 12 x 16.5 inches and I can not get a useful copy from my scanner.

His Lenin Order, type 5, var. 1, is #37,143.

First Red Banner, type 3, var. 1 reissue, is #12025.

Second award Red Banner, type 3, var. 1 reissue, is #1848.

Third award Red Banner, type 3, var. 1, is #1346.

Fourth award Red Banner, type 3, var. 1, is #402.

Although I have considerable biographical information and articles on him, I am sorry to say I do not seem to have any research on the awards. I do hope, however that this limited information is of some help.

Best wishes, :beer:

Wild Card

Dear Gerd,

sorry, but Wild Card presents at that thread another RB-group: Col. Gorlach with even 5 RBs AND all numbered #2 to #5 :jumping: .

Another great group of Wild Card's collection :beer: .

Best regards

Christian

Christian,

this awesome group was posted a while ago and yes, its in WC?s collection, the lucky devil :cheers:

Here is the link

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtop...ost&p=79049

all the best,

Gerd

Gentlemen,

I apologize for the delay in following up on this thread. It took me longer to retrieve Gen. Rassokhin?s material than I had anticipated.

As Christian Zulus correctly pointed out, the group referred to in post #28 is another group. Below is Gen. Rassokhin?s group, or what I have of it. In the next post is a picture of him in later years with his full decorations. The main missing piece is a fifth Red Banner which I suppose, considering that the others are properly designated (2nd award, 3rd award...) would be a fifth award.

As a side note, I bought this group back in the days when I thought that I would be able to collect and concentrate on awards to naval infantry recipients endlessly at reasonable prices.

:lol::lol::lol: on me.

Thank you for your patience and compliments.

Wild Card

Gen. Rassokhin in later years.

Dear "Wild Card",

great group :beer: .

At least the 5th RB is NOT a RB #5, but only an ordinary RB without number (birthday or anniversary) and the UK-Order has the wrong ribbon ;) .

So, your "loss" is not too "heavy", I think ;) .

But congratulations to your highly interesting Naval Invantry USD-15-k+-group :cheers: .

Best regards

Christian