News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Any opinions on this Labor badge?

Hi all,

Saw this a while ago. Not sure if it's still available but it keeps nagging at me and so I thought I'd get some opinions. I generally don't fool with these unless they're a throw in on a deal or dirt cheap and I like the design. But I've never seen one with anything engraved much less a serial number.

I know it's nigh on impossible to get much detail from these pics but they're the only ones I have (unless I'm able to obtain the piece). But the seller had said it had a serial number of 2063 engraved under the hammer and sickle on the reverse. It's also supposed to have the name of the original recipient as well as the CHZ MINT MANUFACTURER.

I'm still a bit tempted by this one but don't want to inquire further until I get some other opinions as to whether or not it's something worth going for. Was listed at $7 & $3 shipping and no one jumped on it.

Mucho thanks in advance. :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Edited by Hauptman

Hi all,

Saw this a while ago. Not sure if it's still available but it keeps nagging at me and so I thought I'd get some opinions. I generally don't fool with these unless they're a throw in on a deal or dirt cheap and I like the design. But I've never seen one with anything engraved much less a serial number.

I know it's nigh on impossible to get much detail from these pics but they're the only ones I have (unless I'm able to obtain the piece). But the seller had said it had a serial number of 2063 engraved under the hammer and sickle on the reverse. It's also supposed to have the name of the original recipient as well as the CHZ MINT MANUFACTURER.

I'm still a bit tempted by this one but don't want to inquire further until I get some other opinions as to whether or not it's something worth going for. Was listed at $7 & $3 shipping and no one jumped on it.

Mucho thanks in advance. :beer:

Dear Dan,

nice design & nice item - take it, if it's still so cheap.

With the inscribed name of the receipient, you might have the chance to get the badge somehow researched in the future ...

I assume, that this badge went along with that medal: http://www.collectrussia.com/DISPITEM.HTM?ITEM=5327

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Dear Dan,

nice design & nice item - take it, if it's still so cheap.

With the inscribed name of the receipient, you might have the chance to get the badge somehow researched in the future ...

I assume, that this badge went along with that medal: http://www.collectrussia.com/DISPITEM.HTM?ITEM=5327

Christian

Hi Christian,

Not sure. As I say I generally don't pay much attention the these types of medals/badges/pins. I kind of put them into the same place in my mind I used to put TR tinnies. They never did much for me. But again it seemed extremely unusual to find one that was serial numbered much less with a name engraved. Of course anyone could do that I suppose but again I can't see much of a reason as I don't think any of these are that much in demand.

I think I will try to contact the seller and see if it's still available. If for no other reason that it's unusual and perhaps would be worth further research.

Mucho thanks! :beer:

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

Well, I finally managed to get this one. :jumping: It was relisted on Ebay and I managed to grab it. I'd actually forgotten this post it's been so long... I'd thought it was a year but only about six months. But well worth waiting for. :love:

I currently have it with me but I'm still in Florida. When I get back home I'll try and do better scans of the serial number and the inscription in the hopes of finding out a bit more about this interesting piece.

Dear Dan,

it might be, that your badge had been a somehow non-official version - for everyday use - of the corresponding medal of "Veteran of Labour" :unsure: .

Maybe Andrew "Mondvor" knows about that badge :unsure: ?

Christian

Hi all,

Well, I finally managed to get this one. :jumping: It was relisted on Ebay and I managed to grab it. I'd actually forgotten this post it's been so long... I'd thought it was a year but only about six months. But well worth waiting for. :love:

I currently have it with me but I'm still in Florida. When I get back home I'll try and do better scans of the serial number and the inscription in the hopes of finding out a bit more about this interesting piece.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

Thanks so much everyone for helping out with this one. I'm still hoping for more info over time. Am I correct in thinking this is a rather unusual piece? I've "never" seen another of the tinny type awards engraved much less serial numbered so when I saw it I just had to have it. :love:

Again many thanks for all the help. :beer: