News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Red Banners through all branches of service...

Guest Rick Research

1) Nice-- unusual combination of awards! Attested 2 December 1947 by a colonel commanding (stamp) Political Section of 8th Mechanized Army. Photo is of major Gersh M(father's name lost under stamp) Nagorsky.

2) Naval Captain 1st Rank Fyedor Panteleevich Glutschenko, attested 14.7.55 by acting commander of Unit 69106 a captain 3rd Rank. The top just cropped off = Cadres Unit Political Administration Pacific Ocean Fleet (OK PU TOF). What is his medal after Defense of the Polar Region?

Guest Rick Research

3) Air Force Engineering Major wearing outdated M1955-58 dress uniform, taken 26 April 1960--

Fyedor Nikiforovich Shadrin of Unit 77904.

4) Air Force Guards Lieutenant Colonel Aleksandr Mikhailovich Alekssev, certified 26.3.54 by acting CO of Staff for

229th Independent Towing Aviation Squadron

this must be a unit that "pulled" gliders or other airborne equipment. Nice unit!!!

5)Colonel of some sort of administrative branch-- can you zoom in on the branch device above his rank stars?

Georgy Vasilievich Pokroev attested (day too light to read) February 1951 by acting Cadres Co Major.

The parts of the upside down stamp I can read are "Artillery "Order of the Patriotic War...." Technical Academy."

Guest Rick Research

Ah! :speechless: Gerd-- it is the winged steering wheel over tires of Motor Transport I think, looking at the uptright / but...

what is THAT doing on narrow Administrative boards?

Ah! :speechless: Gerd-- it is the winged steering wheel over tires of Motor Transport I think, looking at the uptright / but...

what is THAT doing on narrow Administrative boards?

Well, you must be right, Rick. It really doesn?t look like Motor Transport in my opinion, but its the only device, that comes close enough...

• 1 month later...

I think his name is Yevgeny Ilyich Tyukhtin, signed by Guards Lieutenant-Colonel Lazarenko on April 10 1953... Nice pictures by the way, but no Red Banner on the last officer! :P

Edited by Ferdinand