News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Happy Red Army Day!

as a reserve leutenant of justice I thank you and also congratulate you with this day.

BTW, in Russia this day was yesterday.

And a little comment - nowadays this celebration is called The Day of Defender of Fatherland, it was renamed in 2003 and also in 2003 it was stated as a non-working day. (Made by Putin) ©

Untill 2003 it was named The Day Of Soviet Army, Airforces and Fleet, and was usual working day.

Initially we used to think that the 23 february was the day when the Red Army was established oficially.

But this is a very odd point of view, and historians still argue.

I am not into these argues and just glad to have a day-off work.

HAPPY RED ARMY DAY!!! :jumping: THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE ORDERS, MEDALS AND RESEARCH THAT YOUR EXISTANCE HAS PROVIDED US!!! :jumping:

:beer: Doc

When you consider, the historical aspect of the red army all the way from the civil war to the great patriotic war and through the cold war period, its about so much more than orders, medals and research!

Think of the great loss of life, the devotion and dedication of men to their banners, to their motherland, to freedom from opression and to upholding the communist ideology, collecting orders and medals is not exactly one of the raisons d'etre for such a day! Especially when one considers the harsh reality that some red army veterans, who devoted their life to the red army only to be left with no other options but to sell their medals to put food on their plate..... I would hardly put that phrase together like that!

Sorry to sound so sensitive - but some of the medals, apart from telling great stories of glory also tell very very sad stories!

Jim

"The Soviet Union, despite all mistakes and blunders of its leaders, was the source of hope and support for many states and peoples. The Soviet Union provided for the balance of the global system".

Very true indeed! It took 2 super powers to keep world peace, even at the time when they seemed to be at eachother's throat! Self preservation sometimes requires that!