News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungarian Freedom Fighter's Asociation Cap Badge

and the final icing to the cake - a photo of the shield badge in wear. Its not the greatest photo - but its what I have so far. Its the photo of (what I believe) to be an NCO - possibly a Sgt. cant make out the stars on the boards - on the tress. He is wearing a M1945 tunic (open collar four pocket tunic) of the artillery branch (crossed cannons on the collar). He is also wearing the "Tildy" style cap badge introduced in 1947. Above his upper right pocket it looks to be a partisan badge. The April 4th parade badges of the time (he could only be wearing a 1949 parade badge there) would be much smaller in size. Also by 1949 there was a new uniform in use, so I suspect that it is not an April 4th 1949 parade badge. Also - he is wearing a shield type Hungarian Freedom Fighters Badge. The scan did not bring it out - but looking at the original under a lupe you can make out some detail of the crossed torch and sword. The original photo is about 1.5" x 2.25" so its not big - but its more evidence.

Charles,

Super find. I need to get me one of those books!!!!!!!!! Thanks loads for the pictures. My simple start has sure turned into a gold mine and your last posts are the main vein.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

• 4 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Gents,

A little more to add this thread. I was able to acquire one of the MSzSz books at the last monthly militaria show. The stamps in my book start at approximately the same time as those in Charles' book. His in Oct. 1948 and mine in Nov. 1948. Unfortunately, when you buy at a militaria show vendors have a better idea of what things are worth than most antique dealers so I had to pay considerably more for mine that Charles did for his.

Regards,

Gordon