News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A recent pick up. I can id all of the ribbon except for one.

1. EK

2. Saxon MVO w/swords

3. Sax-Albert Knight w/swords

4. Reuss

5. Reuss

6. Hindenburg w/sw

7. ?

8. ? (I always get confused on this one)

The back is dark blue so maybe Navy????

Guest Rick Research

With the Reuss awards, almost certainly an officer from J?ger Battalion 13, and most likely a Leutnant/Leutnant dR.

2. Saxon MVO w/swords

The back is dark blue so maybe Navy????

Just "VO".

The Saxon Verdienstorden (Merit Order) was originally founded as a civil order, the Zivildienstorden (Civil Service Order) and is sometimes still called that, although civil fell out of the name in the 19th century and Dienst became Verdienst.

Also, likely not navy as Reu? awards were exceedingly rare in the German navy. As Rick notes, the most common Saxon recipients of Reu? decorations were in Kgl. S?chs. 2. J?ger-Bataillon Nr. 13, to which the reigning prince of Reu? j?ngere Linie, Heinrich XXVII (who was also regent of Reu? ?ltere Linie) was ? la suite.

Sorting through list I find only 10 men in Sax Jager Reg. 13 who have the correct combination of Saxon awards. Unforunately they are all reserve officers who are not listed in the 1914 Saxon ranklist. There is no way to eliminate any as they are reserve officers and the Honor Ranklist does not list reserve officers to find out if any died. Even if the Reuss awards rolls are found I think I may have a hard time finding this guy.

The most typical, especially without long service or other awards, would be a 4th class or a merit medal as an officer candidate and a 3rd class as a lieutenant. I think this is why Rick suggested a Lt. or Lt.d.R. as a candidate. Of course, in this case, if a Saxon officer candidate, one might also expect a silver Friedrich-August-Medaille.

Adolf Heusinger, who entered the Reu? regiment, IR 96, as a Fahnenjunker in June 1915, received the Silver Merit Medal with Swords in June 1916 while a F?hnrich. He was commissioned a Leutnant on July 4, 1916 and received the Honor Cross 3rd Class with Swords in June 1917. He wore both Reu? ribbons on his Reichswehr, Wehrmacht and Bundeswehr uniforms.

Edited by Dave Danner