News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Someone snagged a very important 800-silver Juncker Pilot Badge from Detlev Niemann this AM! What a spectacular piece. What I really found interesting was the catch being the same set-up seen on the silver Army Para Badges. Nice badge...

As you say, Rick?.?Nice badge??

I don?t know who it went to, but I know where it?s been. I?ve followed the history of this badge since it first appeared some years ago. It was surrounded in controversy then, and when it exchanged hands a few months ago, it once again caused quite a stir.

Being a unique badge, produced as a private purchase piece, and having no provenance, there is no definitive way that such a badge can be authenticated?. You either like it or you don?t. Personally, I like it, but I?m not sure if owning such a badge would give me that warm, confident feeling that known originals do. I suspect its last owner had similar feelings.

You either like it or you don?t. Personally, I like it, but I?m not sure if owning such a badge would give me that warm, confident feeling that known originals do.

Ditto here John - and especially for $2620.

For those of you who would like to know what the badge looks like, Here's the badge - pics copied from Detlevs' website.

I couldn't EVER enjoy this badge, without at least a photograph of the recipient wearing it. Certainly not at that price. The thing could have been any time in the last 60 years!!

Sorry guys,

regards, John

Guest WAR LORD

I would have a number of concerns over the badge. Notably the silver marking. The wreath being double marked 800, not what a silversmith would have done. This form is that more encountered encountered after 1945. The makers mark is also very unclear.

Edited by WAR LORD