News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Finally, after ages of looking I have landed my WW1 tunic.

Not an issue one, which is a pity, but therefore an identifiable one, and 1a mint... which I did not think existed for WW1 jackets. It has maybe 2% wear to it.

The name is not that readable, but it has been identified here....

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16591

Guest Rick Research

I have not seen a set that nice in 40 years.

Now you need the regimental history to put a face to him. And figure out exactly what awards he got.

No sign of his Oberst's uniform?

Chris,

Congratulations on the Feldgrau uniform! They are very tough to find in that kind of condition. I like the fact that you know who owned it and that you will most likely be able to find out what awards were on the missing ribbon bar. Good luck with the new hunt.

Now you have to find an issue enlisted one in the same condition! :rolleyes:

I have the Erkennungsmarke of an officer of the same regiment, who might have known him. Here's the back of one of his disks.

Chip

Chris,

I like that Afrikakorps gas mask can! :D

Chip

So do I :-)

It can from a Guy in the states years ago. Not a collector and it was a family Heirloom.

The paint is period, used, abused and rusted.

Strangely enough no traces of green under it.

I wish I knew who did it, there is no indication that it is anything but period.

• 1 month later...