News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bekleidungs-Vorschrift f?r Offiziere und Sanit?tsoffiziere des K?niglich Preussischen Heeres

Here is the 1896 edition, which appears to be one volume:

Bekleidungs-Vorschrift f?r Offiziere und Sanit?tsoffiziere des K?niglich Preussischen Heeres. It is 188 pages in length and 5.4 mB in size.

Here is the 1895 edition, in two volumes:

Bekleidungs-Vorschrift f?r Offiziere und Sanit?tsoffiziere des K?niglich Preussischen Heeres, Erster Theil: Anzugbestimmungen - 50 pages, 1.52 mB

Bekleidungs-Vorschrift f?r Offiziere und Sanit?tsoffiziere des K?niglich Preussischen Heeres, Zweiter Theil: Beschreibung und Abzeichen des Anzuges - 122 pages, 4.8 mB

I couldn't find enough uniform books to make a full thread of research resources as for the other online book threads, but hopefully these few books will be of use to uniform collectors. :cheers:

Edited by Dave Danner

Dave, could you tell how to download these books?

Based on this thread - http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16692 - it appears some European countries are blocked by Google. As noted in the thread, I think there is a way to change your computer settings so you don't read as "in Poland" or "in Romania" or wherever is blocked, but I am not sure how. One can also use a proxy, but I am not sure how those work either. I am not too tech-savvy; my VCR still blinks 12:00.

These are nice and the long-term promise of the projhect is even nicer. One hopes, though, they don't wind up "lifted", burned to CD, and put up for sale on e$cam. Presumably, the limitations placed are there for a reason?

These are nice and the long-term promise of the projhect is even nicer. One hopes, though, they don't wind up "lifted", burned to CD, and put up for sale on e$cam.

Fully agree on that...

Presumably, the limitations placed are there for a reason?

Hmmm... I would really like to know the reason why e.g. "Neues Allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon" volumes 1-4 can be downloaded outside US while volumes 5-9 can't...

/Mike

Hmmm... I would really like to know the reason why e.g. "Neues Allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon" volumes 1-4 can be downloaded outside US while volumes 5-9 can't...

Would guess it has to do with the restrictions -- probably completely illogical -- put forward by the libraries that owned the copies that Google scanned. That is to say: Randomness. On one level, I am amazed that they allow anything to be scanned. You have to think like a librarian in this age where no one knows what copyright laws if any really apply and so many feel they are absolutely free to steal things and redistribute them.

Would guess it has to do with the restrictions -- probably completely illogical -- put forward by the libraries that owned the copies that Google scanned. That is to say: Randomness. On one level, I am amazed that they allow anything to be scanned. You have to think like a librarian in this age where no one knows what copyright laws if any really apply and so many feel they are absolutely free to steal things and redistribute them.

That makes some sense (in the sense that it doesn't make much sense). In some cases, there are multiple versions on Google books of the same books, scanned by different libraries. Some are downloadable, some are not.

I had included alternate links in several places because sometimes one library misscanned some pages, so you could look at the version from the other library for those pages. But if it is also the case that alternate links are useful because some libraries allow broader dissemination of the books, then I would encourage searching through books.google.com for these other versions to see if they are available where you are.

Also, here are the links to Google books in various European googles:

Germany: http://www.google.de/books?

Netherlands: http://www.google.nl/books?

France: http://www.google.fr/books?

Spain: http://www.google.es/books?

They might offer alternative copyright restrictions that books.google.com in the US.

Edited by Dave Danner

I don't think downloading a book and sending it to someone is a problem. I would like to say that buying a non-copyrighted book, scanning it in and selling the PDF is not a scam. To create the PDF requires an amount of work and editting, as well as the financial aspect.

Would there be a problem if Americans downloaded the files and then e-mailed them to others who are blocked?

Chip

Legal problem? Maybe not.

Ethical and moral problem? Those who put them up set limits on their availability. They made these things available on those conditions. Figure out if this constitites a "problem".

If you scanned this book yourself, Paul may have a point, but if you are stealing the labor of others . . . oh, why do I bother, no one cares about ethics or morality or intellectual rights anymore. Those who put it up, must (should) have expected someone to ignore their expressed wishes and steal this material. Pirates are everywhere.

:banger:

Wait a minute Ed. Stealing material? How did we get there? I was lead to understand that this material was made into PDFs so it could be made available for others to use. Otherwise, what's the point of making and posting PDFs? No one is talking about making a profit or doing anything else that is asked in the limitations. Like Paul, I've got to ask what you are suggesting?

Chip

I just had a further look at the Google usage guidelines on the first 2 pages of the PDFs. It states "make non-commercial use of the file". So you can do what you what with the files as long as you state that the files came from Google and you do not make money on it. I see no problem.