News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi

It has been suggested(by Marcus) that I post this here for help regarding the authenticity of the packet etc.

I now know which awards go with which certificates but I am not certian if all is original.

Also,I would like to know if possible the issue criteria for the 'Kriegsverein Kreuz'.

Many thanks in advance

andy

Edited by andy

Hello Andy:

Congratulations on acquiring this nice original grouping of items. I see no problems with any of it. I do not know the exact criteria for the "Kriegsverein Kreuz".

My assumption is that just about any veteran who could prove that they were in the service in WWI could apply for one of these, pay the required fee, and be granted membership. There were a great number of these types of "awards" after WWI. Some veterans had groups that only had these types of items, while others did not bother to apply for the unofficial veteran's society pieces.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Guest Rick Research

The ugly large gray cross on the zebra striped ribbon is the Ehrenzeichen 2nd Class (with 1st certificate). The regulations simply said for merit in a veterans organization, with no more than 1 in 10 members being allowed to have one at any given time.

From the 1934 date of his 50th jubilee veterans pin he would have been on active duty about -52 years from then for his 2 or 3 years duty, assuming he joined his Old Soldiers local group right after getting out of the service.

The Next of Kin Hindenburg Cross is made out to he AND his wife together as parents, which is quite interesting. The document stating that they'd been found eligible and would be receiving the Cross and document after processing is not often seen.

An exceptionally nice group to an ancient ex-soldier whose son was killed in the World War.

Does anybody recognize the manufacturer's logo on the Ehenzeichen packet? that is the FIRST clue as to who made these that I've ever seen.

"no more than 1 in 10 members being allowed to have one at any given time."

Hi Rick,

Where on earth could you have possibly found this out? I didn't think anyone knew anything about these veteran organazations! One of the reasons I love this forum :D

Regards,

Sam

Guest Rick Research

In a group which I sold loooooooooooooong ago in the late '90s, I had the regulations sheet that came with one. I've XEROXED that and it's in my files, but that was Pre-Internet and Pre-Scanner. The 1st Class was 1 in 100 members. No explanation of what local groups with 8 or 72 members were supposed to do.

I know where the group lives now, so at some point I may be able to get it scanned.