News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My first Imperial German Stahlhem

Gents,

Happy to report that I went to the Lowell Miltiary show bought my first EK1, had the pleasure of meeting "Ulsterman", and bought this German Helmet. I almost had the opportunity of meeting "Rick Research" but he was on his way out of the parking lot at the time. Next time. LOL!

Though this helmet is without a liner and the interior is a little rusty, I can still make out the maker mark and size being, "ET 64." The exterior is may I add, beautiful. I love the patinaed green paint and the remnants of what looks to be a mailing label. Please note as well the plugged vent holes. The original wood is still apparent to prevent whistling and cold air from getting in ..

Regards,

Joel

Chip,

Thank you for your kind words. I will certainly give it a little TLC and was wondering, would it be worth it to try in find a liner for it? Or should I as originally intended, display it proudly as it is?

Regards,

Joel

Jim,

I know what you mean. There were many Imperial Helmets I have passed on through the years and finally yesterday, I decided to take the plunge and buy it. I must add it was Chris' posting of the "Grips of Death" picture of the mocked up machine gunner behind the logpile that got me thinking about finding one to add to my collection. Great, now I need a Maxim machine gun now too! LOL!

Kind Regards,

Joel

Edited by buellmeister

I really like that helmet. these are getting harder to find and it has that "been there" feel.

But the EK1 and EK2 were sweet-and so was the price! Congratulations!!

It was great to meet you guys. Now, if we can get Paul R. to come down and actually leave the comforts of western Cumberland County, we'd have a nice little mini convention. His 'neighbor' sets up at this show and also had some nice, but totally unknown luftwaffe stuff. :rolleyes::jumping:

Anybody know what orange luftwaffe tabs are? How about that Luftwaffe Lt Obersts engineers tunic?