News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Early Gold sport badge...3rd reich?

Guest Darrell

A lot of guys built the Titanic and it went all the way down :rolleyes:;)

KR

Peter

I knew some one was going to say something like that.

Hi Chris,

I am a simply structured German, and I do not understand what Darrell with his statements would like to express.

The badge ist post WWII, but I cannot date it. It could have been produced in the period from 1948 to 1952, may be still later. They were still sold many years later.

I beg your pardon for my bad English.

Regards

Uwe

I always think of this hinge and pin as being a system that was invented in 1940 or so. The very early EK1s do not have it, then Whammo... you see it on EKS1, similar things on Schwerin badges etc. but all after the outbreak of the war.

Also very prominent on the early 1957 pieces.

Does anyone have any examples of other badges made pre 39 using this pin and hinge?

Hi Chris,

I am a simply structured German, and I do not understand what Darrell with his statements would like to express.

The badge ist post WWII, but I cannot date it. It could have been produced in the period from 1948 to 1952, may be still later. They were still sold many years later.

I beg your pardon for my bad English.

Regards

Uwe

Hi Uwe...

A superb bit of research and cross referencing! Thanks

Chris