News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Grant,

The badge you posted was issued from 1987 to 1989. It is called the "Seigeransteknadeln". There were three classes "Kreiswettkampfe", "Bezirkswettkampfe", and "DDR-Wettkampfe". Each one came in Bronze, Silver and Gold classes. I imagine there should be something printed on your badge to tell you what you have.

Regards,

Gordon

Grant,

For fireman's competitions. These "sporting" events pitted teams of firemen against each other doing things they would do on the job, or slightly modified forms of job related tasks. I'll see if I can post some pictures tomorrow to give you a better idea of what I am trying to say. Before these badges there were badges for individual types of competitions. About a dozen of them. These later badges certainly simplified production.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

Grant,

I don't have any pictures of East German Firemen taking part in a competition but below I have posted a picture of Hungarian Firemen competing in an international contest in Czechoslovakia in 1973. Doing something they would normally do on the job. Hooking up a gasoline power pump to get water to the fire.

Regards,

Gordon