News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

German Cross

Hello everyone,

I got yesterday my first German Cross from another forum member (thanks for that thumbsup).

What is you opinion, is it possible to fix here something or I keep it, as it is? (Back plate is missing totally and on the front is some brown paint or something like that). But I really like this award!!!!

9936280_jfzx.jpg

Thanks for looking and any advise would be great!

Noor

Edited by Noor

• 2 weeks later...

My advice.... do not tamper with it in anyway whatsoever!!! If you want something sparkly save up and buy it. I kinda like this award too.... as it is!

Jim :cheers:

My advice.... do not tamper with it in anyway whatsoever!!! If you want something sparkly save up and buy it. I kinda like this award too.... as it is!

Jim :cheers:

I agree! Leave it as is. It looks to be an issued and worn veteran piece! I love it.

Thanks for your advice :cheers: !

Actually I just got one another piece, what is damaged - denatzified :unsure: .

Early Deumer pilot badge:

9982423_Visf.jpg

Edited by Noor

Guest Darrell

Are you sure the cross is original? Seems to be past the point of return (re-enamelled, poor definition to the wreath, no backplate). Unless it`s ground dug, I`d be suspicious this was `well worn`.... :unsure:

Was this one of the 3 (or more) DK's that came out of the same hole in the ground in Austria ?

Strange finding a bunch of DK's in the same hole ...maybe they were digging behind the Souval Factory ? :unsure: