News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Distinci?n "Alvaro Barba Machado"

Stogieman

Guest Rick Research

That is an EXTREMELY odd ribbon bar! Note that it is held on by a SINGLE Nasty Point-ed bent over prong that spikes the ribbon and holds the unusual (for what we have seen so far) pin system on. So this is even more flimsy than the usual DDR pattern!

I am also struck by seeing several medals in this latest batch with the very long silvered pin sytems on back of the medal. The others we have seen have been brass, DDR pattern, and shorter-- which allows the medals to be pinned on but overlap each other flat. Can't do that with these, since part of this long pin would rest atop the next medal over's ribbon.

SOMEDAY we'll have all these variations figured out as to production location, time epriod, and so on.

I did not know that they had a forestry service. It must have been a very small organization. I remember GITMO as an arid place.

I actually find these medals to be very attractive! :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

It is actually "Cattle Grazing and Forestry" which makes an odd combination indeed. :speechless1:

Perhaps some equivalent to our Bureau of Land Manaagement out west, with either/or but not BOTH in the same place!

I did not know that they had a forestry service. It must have been a very small organization. I remember GITMO as an arid place.

I actually find these medals to be very attractive! :cheers:

If I had ever been there, I guess my government would have (another) cause to send me there (to GITMO this time).

I am told that central and western Cuba does have forests. Not the nasty dry east.